Sick Mind

Aqua-star's POV

Ratchet and I were doing an experiment and find the location of the decepticon warship. We call the others to the control room. "How were you able to penetrate their cloaking technology?" he asks us.

"We didn't" I state as I triangulate it's location.

"We were experimenting with variable wave lengths and came upon it" Ratchet tells them. "Even so their ship must be experiencing some sort of electro magnetic breach" he states.

"With Megatron deceased and the elementof surprise" Arcee says pounding her fists together.

"We could do some real damage" Bulkhead states.

"There's something else" I tell them and bring up the location of another ship.

"Also on the same frequency, an autobot emergency beacon" Ratchet states.

"The decepticons can wait, there maybe autobots in distress" Optimus tells us. "Ratchet bring your medical kit, Aqua-star man the bridge" he orders. I nod and prepare the ground bridge. Only Optimus and Ratchet go. The other three staying at base with me and the children. Arcee in charge as usual. I've been contemplating telling her about our difference. I think only another femme would really understand my predicament. Though she doesn't have to worried about being used as a broad mare.

"Are you ok, Star?" she asks me.

"Huh?" I say looking at her.

"You were staring off into space" Jack tells me.

"Are you ok?" Arcee asks.

"I need to talk to you later in private" I tell her. She nods her head. Just then we get an alert from Ratchet. It was a plague ship and Optimus has been infected. I bridge them back to base. We get Optimus to the medical room and discover he has the Cybonic plague. He is deteriorating fast.

"It's only contagious if you make contact with the infected energon" Ratchet assures us.

"What was a plague doing on an autobot ship?" Miko asks.

"It was infect. The virus wiped out a lot of lives on Cybertron during the war" Arcee tells her.

"It was designed in a deception biological warfare program by Megatron himself" I add.

"You have a cure don't you?" Raf asks Ratchet.

"No cure" Optimus answers.

"Optimus please, save your strength" Ratchet tells him.

"Would Megatron create a disease without a cure? I mean, what if he caught it by accident?" Jack asks us.

"He makes a good point" I tell the others.

"It's not like we can ask him, he's pushing up lug nuts" Bulkhead reminds us.

"But we might be able to access the decepticon database" Ratchet tells us. "For a moment we still have a lock on their location" he states.

"I'll go, Bee come with" I state heading for the bridge.

"Star, you..." Arcee tries to protest.

"No Arcee, this is Optimus' life. I have the tech skills to hack into the decepticon database and I know what to look for. I won't be alone, Bee will have my back" I tell her.

"Aqua-star, quickly" Ratchet tells me. I nod my head and leave with Bee. We bridge onto the war ship into a deserted corridor.

"We'll start with the lab, follow me" I tell Bee. We have our blasters ready as we head for the lab. We get there undetected, after nearly being spotted by Knockout. Bee watches my back and searches the room. While I hack in and begin my search. "I'm in" I state. I can't find anything.

"If it's here, I can't find it" I tell them over the comlink.

"Did you certain Star?" Arcee asks me.

"Yes, I've searched every file" I tell them.

"Well search again, clearly you missed something" Ratchet snaps.

"I scanned the entire database" I tell him annoyed.

"Did you use a redundant quintium algorithm?" he and Arcee ask me.

"Of course I did, don't tell me how to research. I care about Optimus just as much as you do" I snap. Bee beeps getting my attention. "What is it Bee?" I ask him. He points to a window to the next room. I go over and see Megatron on life support. We enter the room blasters ready.

"What is it?" Ratchet asks.

"Megatron alive, but on life support" I state going over to the console. "Brainwave activity, excellent" I say.

"What's so great about that?" Arcee demands.

"Use your head Arcee" I tell her.

"Aqua-star is right, if a cure exists. He'll be the only one who knows it" Ratchet explains.

"Which means one of us has to enter his brain to find it" I state. Bee volunteers to do it. "I've got your back Bee" I assure him. "Ratchet I'm going to need you to talk me through how to do a cortical psychic patch" I tell him.

"Understood, the lab should have everything you need for it" he tells me. I gather the equipment. Bee hides behind the shelves. I hook the cable to the back of Megatron and run it down behind the shelves over to Bee.

"You ready for this?" I ask Bee who gives me the thumbs up. "Ratchet we're ready" I tell him.

"Initiate cortical psychic patch" he tells me. Bee turns around and I connect the cable to the back of his head. I watch the door a blaster ready encase the decepticons discover us. I prat Bee finishes before then. I ignore the chatter, focusing on protecting Bee.

Just then Knockout, Star-scream and Sound-wave enter the room. I curse silently ducking out of view. I listen to them talk. Knockout was giving a report on Megatron's status. Sound-wave points to the brainwaves. "Brainwave activity, not a sign of conscious, merely an endless dream he may never wake from" Knockout states.

"Megatron is lost to us" Star-scream declares.

"The only honorable thing to do, would be to show him mercy" Knockout states.

"A simple flip of the switch, quick and painless" Star-scream adds. They can't do that with Bee still inside Megatron's mind. It'll kill him. Ratchet tells Bee that we're out of time. I raise my blaster as Star-scream reaches for the main life support cable. I aim at him. They notice the cable and I duck out of sight cursing lowly.

"Aqua-star we have the formula, disconnect Bumblebee now" Ratchet tells me I do so.

"Hurry Bee" I say when he doesn't wake straight away. I hear them get closer and power up my weapon turning away from Bee. Star-scream appears in my line of vision as the ground bridge opens and Bee wakes.

"Intruders!" he shouts.

"Allow me" I tell him and fire at the life support cable on Megatron. As Bee left and I followed the bridge closing behind us. Ratchet makes the cure and cures Optimus We all cheer as he got to his feet with Ratchet's help. The others take the kids home and I call it a day after giving my report. Deciding to talk to Arcee tomorrow.

A/N

Picture above of sick Optimus and picture on the external link of Megatron on life support.