Darkness Rising Part 5

Aqua-star's POV

"We cannot allow Megatron to send Dark Energon through his Space Bridge.If we fail, the dead of Cybertron will rise.Swarm through its vortex and invade Earth.Bending humankind to Megatron's twisted rule" Optimus states.

"Optimus, I've pinpointed the location of Megatron's Space Bridge.High in Earth's orbit" Ratchet tells him.

"Out of our reach" Optimus says.

"Ok, so you guys don't fly but can't you just ground-bridge there?" Raf asks us.

"The ground bridge has a limited range" I tell him.

"She's right, stretch all the way into orbit its vortex could snap.And scatter us to the stars" Ratchet explains.

"Since Megatron is likely already in transit, I'm afraid we must take that risk.Reaching the Space Bridge first is our only means of stopping him" Optimus tells us. Arcee returns with Jack, he hops off and she transforms. "Autobots, prepare for departure" he instructs.

"Where to?" Arcee asks.

"The final frontier" Miko states.

"Space? I thought they didn't have any way to get there" Jack says confused.

"They don't, really" Raf tells him from beside Bumblebee. The humans say goodbye to their guardians. Jack even said good bye to me.

"Optimus, if you leave me stranded on a planet teaming with humans, I will never forgive you" Ratchet tells him.

"Until we meet again, old friend.Autobots, roll out" Optimus orders. We all turn into vehicle mode and enter the vortex. "Maximum overdrive! Autobots, transform and gravitize" he instructs and we do so. Landing on the space bridge safely.

"Don't look down.Or up.Or left" Bulkhead says. We look behind us to see Megatron's ship. It stops, looking at us.

"So Megatron's packing enough Dark Energon to raise Cybertron's dead?" I ask Optimus.

"And since we don't possess ready means of disabling the Space Bridge, nothing gets in or out!" he orders. We power our weapons getting into our attack positions. But nothing happens, no decepticons attack.

"Well, what are they waiting for?" Arcee asks.

"It appears the Decepticons have sustained serious damage to their interstellar navigation system" Optimus states.

"Uh that was my doing" Bulkhead says sheepishly.

"Great job, Bulkhead.Without the dish, Megatron would be unable to aim the Space Bridge at Cybertron" Optimus tells him.

"Don't the Decepticons know where their own planet is?" I hear Raf ask over the com system.

"Naturally.But Cybertron is many light years away.To reach their target, their aim must be astronomically precise" Ratchet tells him.

"If Megatron went to the travel of rendezvousing with his Space Bridge, he must have an alternate targeting system" Optimus states.

"A remote one" I add.

"From what I know of Earth's technology, I doubt there exists a single radio-telescope dish on this planet powerful enough to pinpoint Cybertron" Ratchet states.

"What about a whole bunch of linked radio-telescope dishes? Like the giant sized array in Texas?" Raf asks us.

"Good thinking, Raf" I praise smiling.

"Ratchet, have agent Fowler alert the array staff to the security hazard" Optimus instructs.

"That maybe a challenge" Ratchet tells him.

"I can't get past the array's firewalls.They're too thick" Raf states.

"You actually think you could keep the Decepticons out?" I ask him.

"Maybe, if I could get in" he answers.

"W-wait, Raf, what if we could get you all the way in? Like 'inside-the-building' in?" Jack asks him.

"I could log into their intern network on the other side of the firewall" Raf answers.

"The risk is too great, the Decepticons would be there.Perhaps even on sight" Optimus states.

"Optimus, with all due respect you said it yourself, this is bigger than the safety of three humans" Jack reminds him.

"Yeah, if we let the 'Cons win, we are fried, along with everyone else on our planet" Miko adds.

"Raf?" Optimus asks.

"I want to try it" Raf tells him. So we let them try. While we remain on the space bridge. Suddenly the autobots attack.

"Here comes the welcoming committee" Bulkhead states. We start to fire on them. Arcee, Bumblebee and I watching each others backs. While Bulkhead and Optimus watch each others. Arcee has me focus on the airborne threats while her and Bee fight any that land on the bridge. As they have more fighting experience.

Suddenly the ground bridge trembles.  "What just happened?" Arcee and I ask.

"The Decepticons are locking on to Cybertron" Optimus states as it moves. It stops moving and Bee cheers. "Indeed, Bumblebee.This can only be Raf's doing" he says smiling after punching a decepticon's lights out.

Suddenly the space bridge activates and Megatron hurls a big piece of Dark Energon into the vortex. We all gather around Optimus. "What now?" I ask him worried as we look at the vortex.

"So, how do we beat a whole planet of the undead?" Bulkhead asks us.

"Optimus, I'm registering a rapidly expanding mass in their Space Bridge vortex.One with a peculiar energy signature" Ratchet explains.

"Dark Energon" Optimus tells him. "Ratchet, we must destroy the Space Bridge.There's enough live energon cursing through it to achieve detonation.But we lack the firepower to ignite it" he explains.

"If I knew how the Space Bridge was engineered, I might find a tactical way of accomplishing that feat" Ratchet states. Raf said he had schematics and handed them to Ratchet. Optimus ordered us to get into position and to await Ratchet's instructions. Saying he'd distract Megatron.

"Ratchet, we're in position" Arcee tells him.

"Arcee, pay close attention" he tells her. "Now follow the line from the flow regulator to the energon pump.There should be a valve" he instructs. I follow it.

"Found it" I tell him and Arcee opens the valve.

"Good" he praises. "To turn all that power against itself, all you need to do is reverse the current" he instructs. Arcee and I reverse the current.

"Current reversed" she tells him. Ratchet said he'd prepare the ground bridge. Suddenly Megatron appears firing at us and he hits Arcee.

"Arcee!" I shout as she's thrown off of the bridge. The ground bridge is activated. We all jump off the space bridge and I tackle Arcee. We all go through the ground bridge and arrive at base safely. Arcee badly wounded, but alive. "Don't scare me like that" I tell her.

"You won't get rid of me that easily sis" she tells me and I smile. I help her stand up. Hopefully Megatron is gone for good, but the other decepticons are still out there. Fowler thanks us for saving him and leaves. With no way to leave Earth, we continue to watch over Miko, Jack and Raf. As friends and guardians.

A/N

Picture above of the autobots defending the space bridge (imagine Aqua-star on Bulkhead's other side in Arcee's position). 

I will see you all next year in Masters and Students.