three

gina watched as rosa got on her bike and rode away before getting into the car and driving home to her daughter. as she approached her building she saw what looked like rosa's bike, but dismissed it. there were probably loads of people who had the same bike anyway, rosa would have no reason to come and see gina.

as the woman neared her apartment and opened the door, crying and screaming could be heard from inside. gina entered to see a woman trying to calm iggy down.

gina rushed over to them and took iggy off the woman, 'what happened? is she okay?' gina said as she rubbed the child's back.

'we were just playing and she wasn't looking where she was going and ran into the wall.'

the one year old had stopped crying but was clinging onto gina with her arms around her mom's neck. gina took iggy's head off her shoulder to check if there was any blood on her face, she was glad to see there wasn't but she did notice a bump forming on her daughter's head.

'she should be okay, if she's not then i won't go to work tomorrow so you won't need to look after her.' gina said as she walked over to the freezer to get an ice pack.

'o- okay, i'm really sorry.'

'don't worry about it, same thing happened to a kid i was looking after but it was worse because it was my first day.' gina told the child minder whilst laughing slightly. 'thanks sarah, probably see you tomorrow.'

sarah smiled, 'if there's anything i can do just call.' she said, trying to make sure gina knew she was sorry. 'i'll see you tomorrow,' she waved at gina before leaving.

gina sat down on the couch before putting a towel with the ice pack in on iggy's head. the girl began to cry again, screaming when her mother tried to pull her away from the position she was in to look at her head.

—————

rosa was at her apartment throwing darts at the dart board. ideally it would be knives but that wasn't a good idea because at her last apartment the knife went through the wall.

she threw her last dart before collapsing onto her couch, 'UGHHH!' she groaned. she'd gotten the walls soundproofed when she first moved in which meant she could make as much noise as she wanted. the soundproof walls unfortunately didn't work both ways, so all she could hear was the screaming child next door.

'UGH I HATE KIDS!' she was glad nobody could hear her because it meant she could say whatever she wanted. rosa's thoughts turned to gina, specifically how she said 'baby girl' today. there was no way gina had a kid, and she definitely didn't have a girlfriend... did she? rosa hoped not, but she didn't know why. she didn't like gina, sure she was intrigued by her but gina was bitch to her. gina was annoying and loud and narcissistic and she didn't do any work, why would rosa like her?

—————

iggy was asleep on the couch while gina was cooking. she kept looking over at the child every couple of minutes to make sure she wasn't awake but she managed to make the stir fry before iggy could wake up.

she was about to sit back down on the couch when iggy began to wake up. gina smiled at her.  'hey princess,' she said as she picked the child up, 'you ready for some food now?' she asked as she checked the bump on iggy's head.

the girl's lips began to quiver and gina knew she was about to let out a cry.

'sorry baby girl, i'll try not to hurt you.'

iggy wrapped her arms around her mom and buried her head into her mother's neck.

gina got up off the couch and sat iggy down at the table, but before she could even let go the crying had started again. gina picked her daughter up again and rocked her from side to side, trying to calm her down.

—————

for what felt like the 100th time today, the kid next door was screaming. rosa had never seen the kid, or the parents now that she thought about it, but she was still kinda concerned. kids weren't meant to cry this much were they? yeh they were annoying little things and they always had to get their own way, but why was the damn kid crying so much.

rosa decided she'd go check on her neighbours, not because she cared, but because she wanted the crying to stop.

a/n: hi
i hope you're enjoying this story so far, i'm not sure how long it's gonna last but if you have any ideas or suggestions you wanna see, tell me :)
- didi

written: march 2021
published: march 2021