seventeen

'are you sure you wanna do this tonight?' rosa asked her girlfriend as she followed a group of kids who had just finished a lesson out of the room

'yeh babe, it's gonna be okay.' she wrapped her arm around the ex cop's waist. 'bye guys, see you all next week!' she beamed

'don't forget about letters in your bags, you gotta make sure your parents get them as soon as they can,' rosa added as she waved the children off.

'what are the letters for again?' gina asked

'to make sure they can all come to manhattan for the show.' rosa reminded her

'oh yehhh,' gina smiled as she remembered. 'i can't wait to go see it.'

the pair, along with a few other parents, were taking some of the kids they taught to see footloose the musical in a couple of months, but they had to get everything prepared now.

'mommyyy i gonna do ballet today?' iggy asked as she ran out of one of the rooms

'no princess, it's tap day today. ballet's on monday.' she told the girl

'if you wanna do ballet we can do it when mommy's teaching the big kids yeh?' the latina picked her daughter up

the child smiled and nodded as the infant tap class began to arrive. 'mommy, i gonna do ballet with momma.' she grinned

—————

'tia rosa, you're here!' a now seven year old nina greeted her as she walked through the door. 'mami said you might not be here and then i was sad.' the girl frowned before smiling again, 'but you're here now!'

'si princesa, i had to introduce some people to the family,' rosa smiled as gina and iggy followed her into the house.

nina gasped excitedly, 'is that your girlfriend!'

'si, that's gina and that's iggy.' she pointed at the pair as she said their names

'you wanna go play ig? i'll be right by the couch if you need me,' gina asked before putting the child down as she nodded

'you think you can look after iggy for me, nina?'

'si, si! i promise,' she smiled from ear to ear before the two girls ran off

'that went okay, right?' rosa asked as gina nodded. 'cool... now just everyone else.' the ravenette turned her attention from the redhead to the rest of the room to be met with her dad standing in front of her. 'hola papi.'

'hola rosa,' he smiled, 'hello gina,' he nodded and smiled as he greeted her.

'where's mom?' rosa asked, already knowing the answer

'in the kitchen,' oscar told her. 'did you not bring iggy?' he asked which made the couple smile

'she's gone to play with nina.' rosa took gina's hand. 'can i do a speech later and just... announce that gina's my girlfriend and that we have a kid?'

'of course mija. i can't promise your mother or everyone else will be happy but you should still do it,' he patted her shoulder, 'you both have my full support,' he smiled. 'how is the dance school going?'

of all her family, the only person rosa had told about changing jobs and opening a dance school was her dad. she knew that he loved when she used to dance and rosa probably made his whole week when she called him on the tuesday night that they bought the place.

'gracias papi. it's going pretty well; we still have full classes, we love it, iggy loves it and she loves dancing more than we thought. gracias para todo, for all the support with me and gina, for the support with the dance school, for the support with iggy, te amo papi.'