eighteen

'babe?' gina said, a little louder than a whisper. she acted like she wasn't trying to wake her girlfriend up, even tho she was.

'whatttt,' rosa groaned

'okay good, you're awake. we're going shopping.'

'no.' rosa put the covers over her head

'we've got seven and a bit hours and two hours of that is gonna be actually getting there and then stopping for breaks when we are there. there's so much we need to do for the wedding, ro.'

'wait what?' rosa poked her head out from under the covers. 'wedding shopping?'

'yeh?' gina looked at her, puzzled

'you should've said it was wedding shopping, i've seen three dresses that i wanna try on.' rosa got up out of bed and headed straight for the shower, grabbing her towel on her way.

gina followed her into the bathroom, 'wait you wanna wear a dress? obviously i don't have a problem with that, i just thought you'd wanna wear a suit.'

'no,' she smiled as she turned the shower on. 'it's probably the only day of my life that i wanna wear a dress for,' she told gina before getting undressed and getting into the shower

'really?' gina asked

'yeh, probably.' she paused for a second. 'oh, maybe iggy's wedding too.'

'babe, please don't tell me you're about to wash your hair.'

'it needs washing, i'm washing it. you woke me up at 8am to go shopping, at least let me look kinda decent.' rosa lathered the shampoo into her hair. 'go get ig out of bed or something.'

'maybe i just wanna stand here,' gina grinned

'i'll splash you with water.'

'no you will not. i already showered and got dressed, you're not getting me wet.' the redhead said at the same time as she practically ran out of the bathroom.

'we'll see,' rosa laughed from the shower

'shut up!' gina shouted back playfully after she realised what she'd said

—————

it was an hour later when the three of them arrived at the shops. iggy had already said she wanted a green dress, but 'not bad green, good green' to which her moms just laughed.

'what about this one?' gina asked her fiancé who was looking at a different rack of dresses

rosa turned around to see the dress gina had picked out, 'for you yes, for me no.'

'well i meant for you so i guess not.'

'you should try it on babe.' the latina told her as she turned back to look at the dresses on the rack in front of her

'maybe, but i already know which dress i want.'

'try that on then?' rosa turned back around with two dresses in her hand. 'and i'll try these.'

'woah.' gina's eyes lit up

'what?' rosa questioned

'babe that's not fair, you're gonna look better than me on my wedding day.' the redhead whined

'you look better than me every other day, let me have this.' the detective smiled as she took the dresses into a changing room

'stay there ig, don't go anywhere. we're gonna try on some dresses and then we'll find one for you.' gina said before leaving the girl and following rosa, going into the changing room next to her.