seven

gina had just gotten iggy into bed when there was a knock at the door. she guessed it was rosa because there wasn't really anyone else it could be.

she opened the door to see rosa standing there, leaning against the door frame.

'at this point you might as well just take the spare key.' gina joked

'were you okay at work today? i don't usually care but... i don't know. i don't know why i'm here.'

'you wanna come in?'

'i'm gonna guess that you want me to so i will.' rosa said as she stepped in and smiled. 'so... were you okay? are you okay?'

'yeh... i mean yeh but no, yeh i'm okay but no i'm not because things could be better.'

'what's up?' rosa had no idea why she was asking... well she did, but she didn't want to admit it

'you'll hate me... more than you already do. and considering we're neighbours and colleagues and kinda friends i don't wanna ruin that.'

'well now i hate you even more for not telling me,' she smirked

'ugh okay, don't hate me. i wasn't a bitch to you at dance... i mean i was but there was a reason, but i've only just realised the reason now... well not right now, but recently,' gina hesitated before continuing, 'i'm bi.'

'dope. same... if you didn't know. i'm out to the squad but i'm guessing nobody told you.'

'i'm not detective but you do have a bi flag in the pencil pot on your desk.' gina chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. 'so uhh... i feel like you can probably guess where this is going.'

'gina shut up, you don't have to do the big massive speech. i kinda like you too which is why i'd always say i hated you. i'm shit at feelings bu-' gina interrupted her by kissing her  and didn't pull away until she needed air.

'if i don't have to do the big massive speech then you don't either.' gina smiled

rosa was barely listening, she leaned into gina again and kissed her.

'so uhh... i'm crap at this, you wanna be my girlfriend?' rosa asked

'yeh... but can we not tell anyone at work?'

'if you tell anyone i'll hurt you.' rosa said with a straight face. 'anyways, i'm gonna go home because i'm tired, i'll see you tomorrow.'

'you could just... stay here?'

'you really gonna miss me that much?'

'so much baby girl.'

rosa looked at her with an 'if you ever call me that again i will kill you' face before saying, 'if you ever call me that in public or in front of people or anywhere where people can hear i will kill you.'

'okay cool... still gonna miss you.'

'mkay fine, let me go grab clothes for tomorrow and my pjs and i'll stay here.' rosa said, leaving a smile on gina's face as she walked out.

—————

gina cuddled up to rosa in bed with a huge grin on her face.

'this is... new.'

'get used to it.'

'i guess i can do that...' rosa told her girlfriend.
'i'm glad you didn't have a girlfriend.'

'huh?'

'you know the other day in the elevator... well not in the elevator but outside it.'

'when you said you were gonna do paperwork then didn't?'

'yeh, shut up.'

'you asked the question,' gina grinned

'okay well i was pissed because you said baby girl on the phone, i thought you had a girlfriend. and then my mom pissed me off too, and then the crying, screaming kid next door pissed me off when i got home... just so you know, you caused 2/3 of those.'

'where's this going? you gonna break up with me already?'

'no idiota, i just wanted to tell you i'm glad you didn't have a girlfriend.'

'i'm glad too.'

rosa wrapped her arms around gina and smiled, 'night gi.'

'night baby girl.'

—————

rosa woke up to the sound of laughing next to her and rolled over.

'morninggg,' gina smiled. 'say morning to rosie.'

'ugh i forgot how early kids wake up.'

'yeh, you're gonna have to get used to that too...'

'mo- mo- mo- momma,' iggy stuttered whilst poking gina's face.

'yeh,' gina smiled, 'you're getting good at that now.'

rosa smiled at the girl before kissing gina on the cheek

'momma' iggy repeated whilst tugging at gina's hair

'yeh, now say rosie,' gina smiled

'rosie's pretty hard to say, it'd be easier for her to say rosa.' the detective told the assistant.

whilst she wasn't completely wrong, rosa was easier to say, she'd only said that because she hated the nickname gina had chosen for her.

'ig, can you say roro?' gina asked

'momma?'

'no, roro.' she said again before sounding it out, 'ro-ro.' rosa's eyes rolled at the nickname. the only reason she wasn't saying no was because it was easier for iggy to say... just for iggy.

'no,' iggy told her mom, making rosa smile

'that's progress i guess,' she smiled at her daughter

'so she can say momma and no? so much progress,' rosa laughed

'no.' iggy smiled, 'no, no, no,' she repeated

'you want me to make some breakfast?' rosa asked

'no,' iggy said again

'but what about if i want breakfast?' gina asked

'no,' iggy laughed

'maybe she wants us to stay in bed longer,' rosa smiled at girlfriend before wrapping her arms around them both.