Our Reasons

Our Reasons

Amari: Age 24

(Hello! Welcome to the very last chapter. Heads up, it's a long one! Grab your tissues and let's go!)

Hearing a loud knock sound through the space, Katsuki looked up into his apartment before lazily raising to his feet and stomping towards the door. He didn't know who in the hell was brave enough to interrupt him on his day off but the angry blonde man expected it to be important.

Because if it wasn't then he would surely be pissed.

It wasn't everyday that heroes got a day off, and with his sister and him running an entire agency, it was equally hard to step away for a couple hours, never mind an entire day. And now that he finally had it someone had the balls to disturb him? He didn't think so.

Throwing open the door with a sheet amount of force, the man was ready to yell at the stranger when a familiar shade of blonde hair entered his vision, her voice far too peppy and excited for it being so early. "Hey Katsuki! What's up?"

And usually he'd be happy to see his sister but it seemed like he saw her all the damn time now. He wanted a break from her but it seemed he couldn't even get that. "Ugh, what the hell do you want? This better be important..."

The woman only pouted her lips in fake annoyance before pushing past her angry twin into the apartment a second later, lifting herself onto her tip toes and patting his spiky hair twice "Aww don't be all grumpy brother."

Then she lifted up her arms to reveal a singular plastic bag. "Besides, is that anyway to speak to someone that brought you a gift?"

Not fully understanding, Katsuki grumbled before grabbing the bag out of her hands to look inside. There he found two plastic grabbed bowls of spicy ramen, one for her and one for him. "You came all the way over here for ramen?"

Scoffing at his question, Amari quickly grabbed the plastic bag from his hands once more before taking one of the spicy bowls out and displaying it with her hands. "Pfft Not just any ramen! Look, it's the ramen that you used to eat all the time at mom and dad's house! I thought we could have a little lunch date since it's your day off!"

Her offer was sweet, but Katsuki couldn't help but notice something off about her words. She came all the way across town to eat some convenience store ramen with him? Why, what was the purpose?"

It wasn't out of the ordinary for the two to eat together, given that he still regularly attended dinner with Amari and that icy hot bastard but this was the first time it was so out of the blue, without invitation. He wondered why that was.

It was kind of like she was looking for an excuse to see him about something.

Unable to hide his skepticism, the girl happily made her way into the kitchen as Katsuki replied roughly. "And what makes you think I actually want to see you on my day off?"

To anyone else, those words would've hurt, but Amari knew he didn't actually mean them. After being together for so long it was a whole easier to pick up on his real feelings. "Rude. And come on, I know you're lonely over here by yourself like this. But I guess if you don't want me here then I'll just take my ramen and leave..."

In order to prove her point, the girl then purposely picked up the bowl in order to wave it in his face as she moved towards the door, knowing exactly what would trigger him.

And she was right because a second later, Amari felt her brother's hand on her arm, annoyed and defeated. "Ugh you're so frustrating all the damn time! Fine, since you're already here it will be hard to get rid of you anyways, so just stay idiot.."