Chapter 9

Todoroki walked into class only to find Amari seated at her desk. Her posture was slouched over uncomfortably with her head facing straight down into the top surface. He hadn't even approached her yet and yet the air was filled with despair and dread.

Throwing his bag over his shoulder, the boy approached her slowly. "What are you doing?"

Although the only response he received was a loud frustrated groan, muffled by the desk. "I'm studying."

Obviously that didn't look like studying. She just looked rather sullen. So much so that he called her out of it. "Do you usually study with no books and your face down on the desk?"

She groaned at this again, turning her head to the side to look at him this time. "Stop judging my life choices Todoroki. I'm depressed."

Todoroki locked his own eyes with her and sighed, knowing this was going to be a story. "And why are you depressed?"

Amari lifted her head then, choosing to run her fingers through her hair in anxiety instead. "I fought with Katsuki again. That seems like all we do now. I promised myself I wouldn't blow up at him but he is just so AHHHH frustrating!"

Todoroki seemed to fully understand this, knowing just how Bakugo was. Heck, he wanted to hit him a couple times himself. "I don't think you should fault yourself for that."

Amari's eyes fell again, her eyes casted away. "Yeah but we'll never get anywhere if all we do is yell at each other. It seems like we are just getting even further and further away. Maybe I should give up."

Shaking his head, Todoroki knew she wasn't serious at that last part of her sentence, calling her bluff. "At least try to sound convincing. You're too stubborn for that."

At his words, Amari groaned once more, realizing he was right and face planted herself back into the surface of the desk. The muffeling returned shortly after. "I hate that your right. Just let me wallow in my own self pity then."

He looked down at her depressed form and sighed, wishing there was some way to help her. Bakugo was certainly not an easy person to get close to. Of course, he probably would if he knew about Amari's short lifespan but it seemed she didn't want to strengthen their relationship that way. If only he could help her somehow.

Todoroki was pushed out of his thoughts when a bunch of giggling and talking could be heard from his right hand side. There he found Mina, Momo, Ochaco and Yuga in a small group around themselves.

He was about to turn away when the boy noticed a magazine in Yuga's hand. "Doesn't this new cafe look dazzling! Why, it's almost as dazzling as me!"

Mina nodded excitedly, taking the paper out of the boys hand. "And they have real cats! Oh, I've always wanted to go to a cat cafe!"

Ochaco jumped up and down at the news. "Ohh we should go after school!"

Momo seemed to agreed. "Yes, we must! I hear they have a new flavor of ice cream there as well and a photo booth!"

The group squealed in excitement when they jumped in surprise at who had suddenly approached them. It was that really quiet cute boy, Todoroki.

He just stood there awkwardly so Ochaco made the first move. "Oh, hello Todoroki. Do you need something?"

Lifting his hand, the boy pointed his direction towards the magazine, asking. "Can I have that?"

They all turned to the magazine, Yuga gasping. "Don't tell me! You have the same interests as me!"

Only for Todoroki to shoot him down. "No."

Yuga grew silent as Ochaco knew excitedly what was going on, happily handing the page from the magazine over. "Here you go Todoroki."