S4 Chapter 21

Putting her headphones in, Amari raised the volume of her phone before hearing the latest report echo in her ears, words that made her blood run cold all at once.. Because of the unfortunate news of the security breach at Tartarus, the executive decision has been made to move All for One to another location. Details to follow.

She placed her head in her hands, thinking back to the moment she found out that Dabi had broken out of his captivity. This wasn't supposed to happen. She didn't know how he did it, but now it was practically impossible to make contact with him. Everything was falling apart before her again.

It seemed that because of that, the heroes were growing more afraid of another breach and decided to move All for One to somewhere more secure which she thought was a smart decision. If he broke free, then the plan for her future would have been basically set.

           Grumbling to herself, Amari suddenly felt her headphones rip from her ears as a voice snapped her out of her own worry. "What's with you? You've had your eyes glued to your phone all day. You're gonna burn a hole through the floor at this rate."

        She snapped her eyes up only to find Shinso looking at her strangely, glancing at her unanswered text messages to Dabi before sighing. "Sorry, I guess I'm just on edge about the news. They say the heroes are planning on moving All for One."

           Nodding back, Shinso slid into his seat before placing a reassuring hand to her head. "I heard, but he can't get to you anymore. You should stop stewing about it or else your face is going to be stuck in that unattractive frown forever."

           Amari frowned even further at his insult, though it did ring with a little truth to her. What was the use of worrying about things that probably wouldn't ever happen. "Very funny. Yeah, I guess you're right, about All for One anyways."

           He couldn't help but smirk at that, noticing her giving him attitude. It seemed his words did perk her up after all. "Of course I am. I'm always right short stuff. You just noticed that?"

           The girl only stuck her tongue out in response, clearly not feeling the same way when a bunch of students started crowding around her desk, a hopeful look in their eyes for some reason. "Welcome back Bakugo."

           Their voices were kind, a little too kind. In fact before her fight with Overhaul, the rest of the class basically hated her, calling her a hero course reject or cocky. Something was fishy here. "Uhh thanks?"

           Nodding back though, one of the guys stepped forward, Amari noticing him as the boy that helped her with Shinso's party a couple months ago. "Right so, you've heard about the school festival coming up, right?"

           Bakugo raised an eye, clearly remembering the teacher talking about the upcoming school festival, yet she was far too worried about other life threatening matters to think about it. "Yeah, what about it?"

           Just then, her classmate slapped a piece of paper on her desk before speaking, his voice coming out slightly afraid for his next words. "Well, because of your popularity we all decided to have you represent our class for the beauty pageant."

           The words entered her mind before she widened her eyes, now sharply reading the contents of the paper and seeing her name in the list of the contestants. Before she could even register it, Amari was raising from her seat, shouting back roughly. "You what?!"

           Laughing back, her classmate replied. "Listen, like it or not, you are the talk of Japan right now which would look really good for our class. You have to compete."