S5 Chapter 5

Hawks watched the president of the hero commission's carefully manicured nails tap the desk in annoyance, her gaze fixated on the newly printed report the hero had given her. Even without her speaking he could tell she was displeased, and the bird knew exactly why.

His mission was to gain the trust of Dabi in order to get into the league of villains and bring the organization down from the inside but Hawks had made very little to no progress on anything. Of course it was harder than the president was making it out to be, though she would never understand that. The woman just liked to bark orders, no matter how illogical they may have been.

The truth was, Dabi wasn't an easy person to get close to, and he had remained a closed and frustrating book this entire time, only giving him various tasks to complete in order to "prove his loyalty." Honestly it was eating the hero alive, having to just sit around and wait for the villain to make his next move, but such was the life of a commission member.

Sighing heavily, the president finally looked up from the report, her voice straight forward and just as cruel as ever. "Is this it? Hawks, have you forgotten the importance of this mission? It seems like you're only playing around."

The hero closed his eyes briefly in order to cover the sting of that comment before trying to perk up. Showing the president his weaknesses wouldn't go well, he already knew that given past experience. "Yeah, I know it isn't what you wanted but I gotta say, Dabi is a hard nut to crack, I'll get him though. Once I get his trust, this mission will be in the bag. Just give me some time and I'll...."

Hearing the report slam against the desk, caused him to freeze all at once, now hearing the woman reply with disdain. "That is not good enough. Do you know how many crimes could have been prevented if you had done your job as assigned? We don't have time Hawks, both All for One and Shigaraki are on the move.."

She wasn't pleased, that much was clear but there really wasn't much the hero could do about the situation except keep picking away at those villains in order to get closer to them.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Hawks signed in return. "I get that, but there isn't much I can do if Dabi doesn't trust me yet..."

The president only narrowed her eyes at that before closing the report in front of her. "Then find another way in. You've been around him for months Hawks, there has to be something you can use..."

Something he could use? Now that was the question, knowing that Dabi was a very secretive man, hiding behind a wall of sarcasm and disdain. Although, maybe the president was right, perhaps there could be another way around this, but what?

That's when a certain conversation with the man flashed in the hero's mind, recalling how protective he was over that Bakugo girl.

No, protective wasn't the right word but he was definitely curious about her, that was for sure. He didn't even kill her when he had the chance, and that was certainly strange, knowing the man to never second guess before.

And then there was her conversation with him in that alleyway. Whether the villain seemed to notice it or not, Bakugo was tied to him, which meant that it might be possible for her to be his weakness.

That was crazy to think about in itself though, because Dabi always seemed so dismissive and uninterested in everything. Something about Bakugo must have caught his eye, Hawks just didn't know what.

Although that was very sloppy of the villain because Hawks realized that he now has another way to break him down. He really shouldn't have put his interest in such a young girl. She was bound to crack given some pressure, the hero had already seen a bit of her faltering emotions after all. No hard feelings kid, that's just the way it is.