S5 Chapter 14

Hello! Ashley here! The press conference will be next chapter cause I underestimated how long this setup would take. Don't worry, this one is a mighty spicy meatball of the chapter as well though. Aright, I'll see myself out. Enjoy the angst!

------------------------------

Sighing heavily to herself, Amari ascended the steps of the dorms quietly, careful not to wake anyone as it was still early morning.

She did end up passing Deku on the way though, the boy working on his usual weekend training. Luckily he didn't pester her for too long though, obviously seeing the heavy bags around her eyes.

So much had happened in the last twenty four hours and Bakugo was grateful to finally go back to her dorm and distract herself from her own incoming doom and roaming thoughts.

After really thinking about the events from last night, Amari had already tried to contact Dabi multiple times due to his uncharacteristic behavior that he displayed before. He had even saved her life. It was strange to say the least and she really wanted answers.

And then there was that bird..

Hawks was most certainly pissed at her for agreeing to attend the press conferences but she honestly didn't really care how he felt. That man had broken her heart into a thousand tiny pieces after all, still trying to coax her decisions like he always did. That action itself couldn't help but pissed her off even more though.

Although, that was a topic for another day.

Opening the door to her room, Amari began to take off her shoes before taking one step in. Ah, home at last..

Just then, a small rustle of movement was seen on her bed, causing the girl to immediately panic. Who the hell had broken into her room?! Was it Dabi, All of One, a combination of the three?

She wasn't sure but the terror was multiplying by the second, now jumping out of her skin and letting out a shrill scream along with a string of profanities. She couldn't help it, this stranger had completely caught her off guard. "AHHH what the hell, who do you think you are, breaking into my room?! You..!"

Already gripping her shoe in order to throw it at the attacker, she was suddenly paused when the light clicked on next to her, revealing Katsuki staring back at her. "O-Oh, Katsuki, it's you. What the hell, you gave me a heart attack."

The girl began to laugh at her own worry when she quickly noticed that her brother was not doing the same. In fact, he was just staring back at her with a heavy frown, his legs dangling over her bed in silent wait. That was weird. "Uhhh Hey, are you okay? I don't think I've ever seen you this quiet before..."

He only continued to stare though, causing Amari to rub the back of her neck in anxiety, finally hearing his voice for the first time. It was smooth, so chillingly smooth. "Would you like to explain this?"

Twisting her brow in confusion, she then watched as Katsuki pulled something from behind him back in order to show her. Although her confusion turned into pure terror the moment she recognized the objects in his hand. They were her pills, the ones she had hid yesterday.

Katsuki gripped the bottle in his hands, his fingers running along the top as his teeth clicked together, an obvious sign that he was trying to hold it together. "I need you to fucking explain why you still have these damn things..."

It was obvious he was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, causing Amari's eyes to fall. He was going to misunderstand if she didn't straighten this out. "Why were you in my drawers?"

Yet it seemed like the boy was too unhinged for her to logically answer, his brow turning down. "You told me the wrong drawer for the study guide, so I went looking in the others."