S2 Chapter 11

Todoroki and Amari had agreed to meet in front of the hospital at five o'clock sharp, although due to her nervous and anxious demeanor, she ended up showed up a couple hours early. She spend the time just pacing back and forth before sitting on a nearby bench.

Why had she even agree to this? Todoroki's mother would surely hate her and she feared things would end just like how they did with his father. She couldn't have both of his parents hating her.

Directing to no one in particular, Amari put her hand out, practicing her greetings. "Alright, It's okay. You can do this Amari. You just have to go up to her and say 'Hello, it's nice to meet you! I'm Shoto's girlfriend.."

Almost immediately she groaned. No, that wasn't right. She wasn't ready to use that term. So, she tried again. "Hello, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Bakugo Amari."

Her hand fell again quickly after. His mom wasn't the queen of England. There was no need to be that formal with her. She would just look stupid then.

Somewhere in the middle of her practicing, Todoroki walked up the path, now seeing Amari waving her hands and shouting at absolutely nothing. What was that girl even doing?

He approached just in time to see her throw up a couple of finger guns and a wink. "Hey, it's your girl Amari, It's super great to finally meet you!"

Raising an eyebrow, Todoroki knew he had to make his presence known but couldn't deny the amusement he felt, watching her repeatedly introduce herself to the air. He really shouldn't have been surprised by now. Although, he also had to admit that seeing her bounce around like that was really cute.

Amari put an anxious hand up to her neck, thinking about what was the correct way of going about this when she caught Todoroki's eyes from a distance.

They just stared at each other for a moment, Amari now in complete and utter shock. How long had he been standing there watching her like a complete idiot? It was so embarrassing.

She pretended to be cool about the whole thing, leaning back on the bench. "Oh, heyyy Shoto, when did you get here?"

Although in her act, Amari completely missed the bench and tumbled to the ground roughly, in the most ungraceful way possible.

Todoroki sighed in exasperation, already putting down the flowers he bought for his mother and kneeled down next to her. "Amari, what are you doing?"

Extending his hand, she accepted it in embarrassment. "Nothing really. Just, practicing?"

He lifted her off her ground carefully, noticing her attire now. She seemed to be wearing a black and white dress with a matching ruffle shirt underneath. "I had a feeling you would be here early. Did you even sleep last night?"

Casting her eyes away, he knew he caught her. "Uhhhhh maybe? Sorry, I was just too nervous about this whole thing. Your father already hates me, I just don't want your mother to be the same."

He picked up the flowers then, shaking his head in response. "I wish I could reassure you but I haven't seen my mother since my father locked her away when I was a child. I'm not too sure of myself as well."

Amari then quickly forgot about her own fears, now only thinking about Todoroki instead. This was way harder for him than it was for her. She couldn't think about herself right now.

Placing her hand over his own, Amari smiled softly. "Looks like we are both going in blind, then?"

He nodded his head at that and began making their way up the steps of the hospital quietly, Amari now focused on her hand in his. Being here was bringing back unpleasant memories herself.