Chapter 8

Deku walked into the training facility early Monday morning, eager to strengthen his quirk and his body. All Might had said that he had to keep his vessel engaged in order to handle One For All.

Usually he ran on the beach or trained at home but today he decided to give one of the nearby training spaces a try. It seemed they had more equipment there to help him anyways.

He walked through the doors with his bag at his side, slightly afraid of the professional atmosphere the area gave of. There seemed to be quite a few want to be heroes in training as well.

Deku paused when a man at the desk called him over. "Hello young man. You looking to rent a room?"

The boy just nodded his head, still nervous. "Oh uhh yes please! I'm from the U.A hero course and they said I could use this place to train."

His eyes seemed to perk up at that. "Oh, another U.A student? You're the second person that's come in here. The other is from the hero course also."

Deku seemed oddly interested at this. He didn't know another person used this space. "Another U.A student?"

The man nodded his head, japping his finger down the hallways. "Yeah, they come in here every morning. I gotta say, that person is a monster. Go ahead and check it out if you'd like. We have viewing rooms on the second floor."

He quickly thanked the man and knew it wasn't right to spy on other students, although the curiosity was certainly there. Who would be here every day, and so early in the morning at that?

Feeling the itch of excitement, Deku found his feet moving on their own, towards the second floor. There he found an assortment of windows that people could look into and watch the pros train from.

He found the room the man was talking about and told himself that he would just take a sneak peek, just to see what the guy was talking about.

Well, that was until he saw who was actually inside.

Deku's eyes widened as he saw her dodging between fake dummy robots, kicking them down one by one until there were none left. It was Amari.

Once the bell rang, she looked up towards the time in the center and gritted her teeth, seeming unhappy with the result. When Deku glanced to it though, he couldn't help but gasp.

The timer had read seven minutes. Had she really defeated all of those enemies in seven minutes?! That was insane.

He saw her wipe a bead of sweat from her forehead before pushing a button and having the robots reset. Was she going to do it again?

Watching carefully, the buzzer rang and Amari was gone, dodging between the fake villains and using a gold protective coating to punch through them. Her eyes, it seemed like they had no emotion to them, just pure and utter determination.

At the last enemy, he saw Amari ball her fists in anger, only for a couple of small sparks to leak out the sides of her palm, causing him to stand in shock. That wasn't in Amari's quirk usually.

The buzzer rang and she fell to her knees in exhaustion, causing Deku to gasp, already running to the rescue. She looked like she was about to pass out.

Racing down the steps, he slammed open the door. "Amari-chan, are you okay?!"

She coughed a bit before realizing his presence. Her eyesight was blurry from the hits, certainly not the best right now. "Midoroya? What you are doing here?"

Deku quickly went to grab her arm, scared that she may of been hurt. "I came to train and I saw you collapse! Are you okay?"

Putting her hand to her head, Amari whispered back. "What's the score?"