S5 Chapter 18

Falling aggressively onto the floor, Amari gasped as all of the air was suddenly knocked out of her lungs, the small girl groaning as she struggled back up. She didn't know how long her brother and her had gone on for but she was starting to feel the quirk over usage in her entire body.

Working together, becoming teammates seemed easy enough at the time but it was no secret that Bakugo Katsuki wasn't the best at communication which left Amari to try to match his movements and fail miserably. Maybe this was just foolish after all, maybe Hawks had it wrong.

Although just as she thought that, the girl heard her trainer's frustrated voice echo into her ears, obviously bothered by the outcome. "Come on kid, you two have to listen to each other!"

Grumbling to herself, she forced her way to her knees before wiping a bit of blood from the impact. "That would be a whole lot easier if he actually was capable of that. Quit trying to blow me up Katsuki, would you!?"

Almost immediately her brother responded, the sparks from his palms radiating anger as he stomped over to the struggling girl. "Huh?! It's your fault that you're in my way! Move faster!"

Amari turned to stand at his words, a tick of annoyance in her tone. "Did you forget that my legs aren't as long as yours stupid? That's kinda impossible. How about you let me catch up instead of blowing me away again!"

Widening his eyes in disbelief, Katsuki replied. "I'm not slowing down for anyone god damn it, not if I wanna be number one! Stop being a baby and match me!"

The girl could already feel her own sparks ignite from her palms at that, now stepping forward in disgust. "I can't match you if you don't tell me what you're doing! We have to work together but I can't do that if you keep making stupid ass decisions without me!"

Recalling back to a couple minutes ago, Amari very clearly remembered Katsuki going on ahead without her, trying to do the entire training by himself. And then when the girl decided to help, her brother was too focused to notice and ended up misstepping, causing his explosions to come plowing into her.

In fact if she hadn't dodged so quickly then Amari was sure she'd be barbecue right now. That stupid brother of hers, he was still only thinking of himself.

Katsuki couldn't help but scoff at that. "You're so damn hypocritical. What was that last move then, huh?! The reason you fell down was because of your reckless actions, you idiot!"

He was talking about her running in to help, causing the girl to scoff back loudly. "I only did that because you won't talk to me! I may be your twin but I don't speak dumbass!"

At the very blatant insult, Katsuki then puffed out his chest as Amari glared back towards her brother. This wasn't going to work, they were just too different. "You wanna say that again..?"

Sticking her tongue out, the girl then stomped towards the boy, fully ready to punch him in the face at any moment. "You heard me. I said I don't speak dumbass...!"

Katsuki balled his hands at that, already making his way over to his sister in pure frustration and anger. "Why you.."

But before the two could even touch each other, a large pair of red wings cut into their vision, each wing puffing out in order to stop the two of them from killing each other. "Whoa whoa whoa! Okay, that's enough, you two.."

Twisting her eyes in confusion, the girl then laid eyes on Hawks who stared at those two tirelessly, slight bags around his eyes as the bird's feathers twitched with anxiety. "Come on kids, you guys have been at each other's throats all week. Aren't you tired of it by now?"

Katsuki only huffed in response as Amari's stance softened, taking in the heroes clearly bothered eyes. She knew this would be a train-wreck and she felt partially bad for the bird having to deal with them.