Chapter 5

The next day came quicker than expected as Amari drudged into school, her feet scraping the bottom of the ground from the lack of sleep last night.

Once she got home she realized that maybe she said too much last night with Todoroki. He just wanted to know why she was at U.A. Why had instead had she poured that much information on him? She could've just lied. It would've been easier. He probably found it annoying. Amari realized she should properly apologize.

Moving towards the classroom, she spotted his two tone hair from afar and raced up to meet him. It was better to say something now rather than later, you know, before things got even more awkward.

Reaching her hand up, she pulled the back of his backpack, causing him to tip backwards in surprise. "What.."

Then his eyes met hers. "Amari? What are you doing?"

She just smiled and awkwardly rubbed her hand behind her head. It's okay she could do this. "Hey Todoroki. I just wanted to apologize for last night."

His brow went up at this, not understanding. He didn't see any need to apologize "For what?"

Silence echoed for a couple seconds before she replied, sounding rather uncertain in her tone. "Uhh well, you know, I feel like yesterday I might have overshared a bit and I just wanted to say that if you want to forget about everything then that's totally fine."

Todoroki thought about the conversation they had last night and knew he couldn't forget it even if he tried. That wasn't something you could just forget. Of course, her whole life wasn't any of his business so maybe it was better to not talk about it. "Alright."

She nodded her head in acceptance when a new question came to mind. "But before that, why did you tell me all that in the first place? We hardly know each other."

Amari casted her eyes away, thinking about something before smiling softly and shrugging her shoulders. "I don't know, I guess I just really wanted to be friends with you. I'm part of the Todoroki fan club remember?"

Her response sounded so honest so it was impossible to say she wasn't telling the truth. But why would anyone want to be friends with him this badly? He wasn't anything special. It didn't make sense.

At the last part of her sentence, Todoriki groaned, feeling that slight bit of embarrassment in the back of his throat. "I told you to stop saying that..."

But Amari just giggled in response, knowing that it annoyed him. "I recall no such thing."

He opened his mouth to speak again when someone appeared in front of them, shoving Amari aggressively in the shoulder backwards and splitting the two of them apart. "Get out of my way nerd. You are a nuisance."

She regained her footing before wobbling and was going to call him out for being so rude when she realized just who it was, her brother.

Without another word, he slipped into the classroom and Todoroki watched her hand curl into a small fist. He silently wondered why she would risk everything for a jerk like him. He literally just pushed her out of the way. Todoroki didn't know why, but it made him angry.

He stopped his thoughts when a small whisper echoed up to his ears, repeating the same phrase over and over again. "It's okay, you can do this Amari. It's okay, I can do this."

Glancing at her, he could see the slight fear in her eyes as the girl turned on her heels and into the classroom. What was she doing?

Amari waved her hand at a few students before strolling up to her brothers seat and smiling. Todokori couldn't help but watch everything. "Good morning Katsuki."