S2 Chapter 3

After that strange morning, Amari walked into school without her brother beside her. Their mother made them leave together but once they turned the corner, Bakugo said he wanted to walk alone. She didn't really seem to mind though. Just being able to live with him was enough for now. Other things like that would take baby steps.

Although she hated to admit it, now that she was alone, Amari felt kind of lonely. Usually Todoroki would walk with her to class every morning and without him it felt weird. She supposed that since she was living with her brother now that he probably didn't want to do that anymore. The idea kinda made her disappointed for some reason.

She turned into the hallway and caught her eye on the very same person she was just thinking about. He was walking in that same stoic position as usual, heading for the classroom and not paying attention to anyone.

Amari gave a knowing look at that, suddenly wanting to tell him about her first night at home with her family. She was just so happy she wanted to tell someone, and it looked like Todoroki was the lucky winner.

Racing up to him, she threw her arms out and grabbed onto him in excitement, causing the poor boy to flitch and almost trip over his own feet. "Todoroki, good morning!"

He fixed his stance before turning back at her, now feeling a pound in his chest from the sudden shock. "You really need to stop doing that.."

But she just shook her head, a playful manner in her tone which made it impossible for him to be mad at her. "Ah sorry, I'm just really happy."

Todoroki was thrilled to hear that, knowing about all of the pain she had been through in the past. This girl deserved to be happy. "And why is that?"

Amari replied back rather quickly, excited to share her story of last night. "Well, I guess it really isn't anything that big, especially to you. It's just, I think Katsuki and I are starting to get along, if just a little. He didn't yell at me yesterday. How great is that?!"

Honestly it was kind of sad that she was happy about him not yelling at her. That should of been common sense to literally anyone. But knowing that they were making progress did make him happy for her. "That's good. I'm glad to hear that."

She smiled back, nodding her head like a small puppy dog would do. "Right? Ah it's like a dream come true! Maybe we can finally get somewhere now. That would be nice."

Todoroki thought for a moment before putting an understanding hand to her shoulder. "Well, it looks like things are going in the right direction. Just keep being yourself and he'll realize it soon enough."

Not that he needed justification for telling her brother everything but it was nice to know that he really was taking his words to heart. Well, at least he was trying now.

Putting a nervous hand up to her neck, Amari then decided to change the subject. "Yeah, I hope so. Oh also, since I'm not living by myself anymore I wanted to talk about us walking together..."

Todoroki blinked at her question, unsure where this was going. He assumed she wanted to say that they should stop coming to school together now that her Bakugo's relationship with her had improved . "Didn't you walk with Bakugo this morning?"

But Amari just shook her head sadly. "It seems we aren't there yet."

He couldn't help but think about her words. He didn't offer to walk together anymore because he assumed that she much rather would have wanted to spend time with her brother.

Casting her eyes away, Todoroki could see a light pigment in her cheeks at her next words, coming out rather rambling. "Right, so I was wondering, I mean I don't live in that apartment anymore but if you don't mind that is, I mean, if you aren't busy, please stop me or say no if I'm being annoying or clingy but I was wondering if you still wanted to walk together?"