S4 Chapter 19

This one is really long so warning. There is just a lot of information to fit and I knew I had to include the episode that people were asking for. Hopefully this makes up for the delayed update. Enjoy!

----------------------------

        Sighing to herself, Amari stared at the clear glass in front of her. It had been about a month since her fight with Overhaul, now finally being able to move a bit more freely as her broken rib was healed. It really was a pain, having to hobble around and make Katsuki worry about her constantly. It certainly was good to have her freedom back at least.

           Although that's when the harsh words of Sir Nighteye slammed into her head, making her brow move with concern. "The next time you choose to face All For One, you won't survive. The only way to avoid your fate is for someone to take your place."

           She felt her breath shallow at the very idea, now feeling a bit of sweat appear on her forehead. Sir Nighteye warned her that his words would burden her and yet even so, she agreed to hear them. That could've been a mistake though because now she couldn't help but think about it subconsciously.

           The last thing she wanted was to die, that much was simple. Maybe a couple months ago she would've felt differently but now, now she had a family and those who loved her. There was no way in hell she was going to make them go through that kind of grief, not on her watch.

        And on top of that, there was no way in hell she was going to let any of them take the fall for her. No, if it came down to that then she'd rather die. It was as simple as that.

           Amari cursed to herself silently, knowing that if she had known this information prior to everything, then she wouldn't have even tried to get closer to Todoroki or Katsuki, she wouldn't have made them so attached.

        No, that wasn't completely right. If she had known this, she wouldn't have made herself so attached. But now, now she had to live with the consequences.

           Katsuki and Todoroki seemed to notice her strange behavior but wrote it off for grief, knowing that Sir Nighteye had basically died in front of her. Although as much as Amari hated it, she wasn't grieving him. No, she was grieving herself.

           Quickly, she willed the idea from her mind, shoving it down into the far reaches of herself. She couldn't think like this, especially since these events hadn't even happened yet. No, it wasn't fair to sign her own death sentence just yet. Besides, a couple things needed to be in place for Sir Nighteye's prediction to come true, and they hadn't yet.

           All for One was still in prison so all she had to do was stay away from him, to not face him. It was as easy as that, and then her life would be saved. As much as it hurt her Bakugo side to run from an upcoming challenge, Amari shoved that part down from her as well. No, she was going to survive. She had to..

           Walking down the steps of the hospital, she threw open the door next to her and felt the breeze blow through the space. This felt so nice, to finally be discharged from that place after so long.

        Because of her health, the girl was forced to stay in that place longer than all the others. It really was a pain having to heal regularly, and not through Recovery Girls quirk. It always put her at the disadvantage.

           Running her fingers through her hair, she felt her phone ring in her back pocket before pulling out the object in confusion. Everyone she knew was busy right now, so who could possibly be calling her?