S2 Chapter 17

Amari walked into the classroom a couple days later only to find a couple students laughing around Mina's desk. They looked to be reading something, although she really didn't have any interest.

As she approached her desk, Mina called out to her, now noticing her presence. "Hey Amari, come check this out!"

The other students started calling her as well until the girl had no choice but to comply, walking up to the desk slowly. "What's up?"

Lifting the book in the air, Mina waved it around like crazy. "Some news outlet covered our class during the sports festival. Look, there is a page dedicated to everyone, it's so cool!"

Narrowing her eyes with confusion, Amari replied. "Really? What does it say about me?"

Kirishima smirked at that, pointing to the page. "It says you were super strong and amazing! You were the third best of the entire class you know. Man, I'm still jealous."

Amari face couldn't help but flush at that, patting the boys spiky head once. "Come on Kiri, you don't give yourself enough credit. I'm not that great. I just got lucky that's all."

The boy smiled softly at their words when Denki ripped the book out of Mina's hands and smirked. "Oh yeah, and there is a whole section of your page dedicated to how you confessed to Todoroki in the middle of his match. Let's not forget about that."

Amari's face fell then, already turning away from the book. She didn't need to hear anymore about this. She had already gone through enough torture the past couple days. "Just great.."

Mina saw her walking away though and called out loudly. "Wait, where are you going Amari? You didn't even see your page yet."

But the girl only put a hand out, already placing her bag on her desk. "That's okay Mina. I'd rather not have to read about one of the biggest public embarrassments I've made in my entire life."

Frowning at her response, Mina got another idea, letting her voice lower silently in a sly manner. "Are you sure? You know, there is also an entire section on Todoroki in here also, with pictures."

This caused Amari to pause, letting her hand slowly drop from her bag. She hated to admit it but she was slightly intrigued now. "What are you trying to say?"

Mina only shrugged in response though, waving the book in the air, taunting her. "Nothing really. I just didn't know if you wanted to read about your boyfriend or not. There is some really juicy stuff in here."

Amari narrowed her eyes, not wanting to give the girl what she wants. Did she really think she was so love sick that she would give in just like that?

Because if so, she was absolutely right.

Moving back up to the desk, Amari ripped the paper from Mina's hands, trying to not make eye contact. She really was so shameless. "I hate you."

Although, the girl just shrugged while smiling, obviously not taking it personal. "No you don't."

Amari groaned at that, focusing her eyes on the page in front of her. Mina was right, there was an entire page dedicated to Todoroki, with a picture of him using his left side on half of the page while the other was filled with facts and information about the boy.

She knew she probably should've just asked him about these things but Todoroki was always such a closed book most of the time. She hardly knew anything about him other than the hatred for his father.

Scanning her eyes on the page, Amari stopped when she noticed something important. "Wait, is all this information accurate?"

Everyone nodded their heads and she suddenly felt her stomach drop to the deepest pit imaginable. It said that his birthday had already past a couple weeks ago. Why didn't she know that?