Chapter~19

Third Person's POV:

Charlotte's miserable self cried alone in her room. It's been three days since she was discharged from the hospital.
The day she acted on her impulse because of the turmoil of emotions swirling inside her.

“What had I done” She cried as she remembered the broken look on the face of the love of her life.

“I'm so stupid.” She cried loudly as the events of the day that took place kept echoing in her mind.

*Flashback*

“You don't have the right to see let alone talk to anyone. You are mine Charlotte.” Austin hissed as Charlotte cried in pain as he yanked her hair agonizingly in his fist.

“Austin, please. Let me go. I will be good” Charlotte pleaded as her scalp felt like it was scratched open due to the pain she felt.

“NO! I will teach you your fucking place. You are mine, and I'll make sure of it today.” He growled as he dragged her to the bed with her hair.

“No, Austin. You are drunk. Please don't do this.” Charlotte burst into tears.

“Shut up!” He shouted and pushed her down the bed roughly making Charlotte head collide with the night stand drawer.

Charlotte struggled against Austin's hold as he tied her down the bed.

“Austin no! Please, I beg you. Don't do this” Charlotte wept as she heard him unbuckling the belt.

“CHARLOTTE WAKE UP” A familiar voice shouted leading Charlotte to open her eyes crying.

“Stay away. Stay away from me” Charlotte whimpered.

“Shh, It's okay. It's me” Dante tried to sooth her but was scared himself as he saw her struggling, shouting and crying in her sleep.

It pained him to see her like this. He blamed himself for what she has gone through.

“LEAVE ME ALONE. JUST LEAVE” Charlotte shouted at him without even processing anything.

Charlotte was in deep pain. It was getting hard for her to handle everything. The returning of her memory was overwhelming for her.

She felt everything has happened just a day ago when she crashed in the accident.

The feeling of losing her parents hit her like a slap on her face along with the knowledge of losing her baby.

It was all overwhelming for her and now waking up from a nightmare which was just a flashback messed up her mind. It was all driving her insane and she can't help it.

“It's me, Dante. I am never leaving you. I'm here for you.” Dante reassured her earning a cold laugh from Charlotte.

“Don't make these false promises” Charlotte hissed at Dante. She remembered how he always used to say he won't leave. But he did. He asked her to stay but he himself left her.

“I'm not making any false promises, Cece. I mean them” He tried to reassure her but all in vain.

Charlotte was not in the right mental state. She was traumatized and all she wanted was to be safe not betrayed again.

“That's what you said to me years ago. You asked me to stay when you wanted to go. I'm not falling for these lies again.” Charlotte hollowly stated, her words poking Dante's heart like he was stabbed.

“I didn't mean to. I always wanted to be with you. I was stupid. And I regret it every day.” Dante exclaimed sadly and concluded that she remembers everything.