Chapter~20

Dante's POV:

I guess, I will just have to wait and see’ was the last thought on Dante's mind before he decided to face his problems. (P.s.: Yes...i edited this sentence)
____________________________________

Ever felt so nervous that your hands keep shaking and sweating along with heavy breathing as you get closer to a fucking breakdown that too only because you can't ring the doorbell?

Yes. That is how I'm feeling.

I rub my palms on my jeans to wipe the sweat before ringing the doorbell.

I clench my fists in nervousness when the door was opened by a familiar face.

“Mr. Rossi? What are you doing here?” She asked cautiously. Her look was tired like she has not been sleeping for days by the look of her eyes.

“Mrs. Kingston, I'm here to see Charlotte, your sister-in-law” I replied blankly.

“You can't meet her. I'm sorry.” She sighed.

“What do you mean?” I glared at her making her gulp slightly.

“She refuse to meet anyone. She isn't talking to anyone and wants to be alone.” She whispered miserably.

“She asked me to meet her” I answered to her. I didn't lie. She asked me to see her when I decide to tell her the truth.

“She did? Okay then, come in.” She stepped aside and let me in.

“Her room?” I asked.

“First room on the right corridor of the first floor.” She answered, and I did not wait for a second to stride towards her room.

I stopped right outside her room and took a deep breath.

Okay Dante. I don't expect anything good from you because you always mess things up, but I hope you make this right. Either way she will leave you.

My inside voice said, but I ignored it and knocked on the door.

“I don't want to talk, Seth. Leave me alone” I heard her shout from inside and my heart clenched hearing her voice. She sound like she was in pain. Like something heavy was dropped on her shoulder to live with and she can't lift it. She can't free herself from it.

You sound weird. You can't tell anything by just hearing her voice you god-damn fucker.

I again ignored the voice inside my head before carefully turning the door knob and walking in.

The room was dimly lit and surrounded with darkness. I saw Charlotte sitting near her window on a chair staring outside. She guise as she was in another world far from this one. A place she felt safe or maybe not. What if she herself has demons like me? The devilish voices in her head? Or maybe she escaped the reality by imagining false existences. A place where her mind wander off to a happy place? A place where there is no pain and the cruelness amongst other but love and happiness? The only one who knows the answer is her. No one can tell if a person is in a happy place or a sad one. Only the one who is there.

I cleared my throat catching her off guard that she got a slight scare.

“Seth I t- Dante?” She spoke with her eyes close but whispers my name when she notices me. Her facial expressions smoothen looking at me.

“Hey Charlotte.” I whispered woefully staring directly in her eyes with the feeling of longing in my heart.

“What are you doing here?” She asked after catching herself. No trace of any emotion can be seen on her.