Chapter~28

New Update💞 Enjoy reading

Like

Comment

and follow

P.s. Constructive criticism is appreciated❤

Love y'all❤

P.s. EID MUBARAK to all my Muslim brothers and sisters and those who celebrate it!💞

Dante's POV:

“That will be all for today's meeting everyone. I want you all to submit the plan of our new project by the end of this week for me to assess it. The meeting ends here.” I announced and got up from the seat before leaving the conference room.

“You look strangely dead” Vincenzo, who was with me since the whole meeting said, walking besides me.

“I didn't sleep at all last night. Conclusion, I'm worn-out.” I responded walking into my office with him.

“Then you better refresh because you have got a long day ahead.” He, giving me a heads up, plopped down at the couch making himself at ease.

“And I thought you would say something along the lines of ‘Why don't you go home and rest while I take care of work for today only?’. Guess it was too much to expect!” I joked with my head down resting on my table.

“I have been taking care of work for you for days, so woman up!” He sassed, earning a scowl from me.

“Where's Ms. Garcia? Tell her to bring me the files of our new hotel.” I mumbled loud enough to Vincenzo, who in return looked at me like I'm stupid.

(A/N: For those who don't remember Rose Garcia was mentioned in the 2nd chapter. She is his P. A/ Secretary)

“Brother, come out from your little bubble back to the reality, and please bring your mind along. Ms. Garcia is on maternity leave. You have to interview different applicants for this place. The interview will be starting an hour later. That's why you have a long day ahead.” He explained in detail like a robot.

“You sound weird. Don't talk like that from now on because it's really creepy.” I scowled as his voice gave me the creeps.

“Don't be a baby! And wait! Are you sleeping? For fuck’s sake Dante! Go and fresh up but answer your phone first, it's been vibrating since I started talking!” I hummed softly, but I couldn't make out what the voice was speaking since it was muffled before everything went quiet.

This is a peaceful place to sleep. I'm tired. Everything is dark and quiet, just the way I want.

“WHAT THE FUCK” I yelled when something hard smacked my head causing me to wake up quickly.

“Take that sucker! My aim is still as good as it used to be.” Vincenzo hooted throwing a fist in the air.

“Are you kidding me? That apple could've hurt my head.” I snapped, earning an eye roll from him.

“We can't hurt something that is already hurt, besides an apple a day keeps the doctor away!” He snorted at his own joke while I stood glaring at him.

“Dude, just pick up your phone! It has been ringing all this time or did you lose the ability to hear because of my apple?” He mocked getting a tight-lipped smile from me as a warning.

I sighed before picking up my phone to check the caller ID but quickly answered when saw whom it was from.

“Hello?” I answered but hissed as the person from the other side, none other than my love, shouted at me.

“YOU JERK! Why weren't you answering your phone. I have been calling you for 5 minutes, 10 seconds and 3 mini-seconds according to my mobile.”

“What? Babe, are you drunk? Why is your voice like that and why is so much noise coming from your side?” I asked after hearing her voice.

“Drunk? Me? Puh-leaze! Why didn't you call me? You never call me? Are you with someone else? I will bury you with myself by digging our grave if you're with another woman. So, tell me! Whom are you with?” She asked, her voice weirdly soft but drunk.

“You are drunk. Where are you and Who are you with?” I questioned strictly and heard her let out giggles from the other side. Cute.

“You didn't answer me. Answer me first.” She yelped at me making me sigh.

“I'm at work, love and there's no woman here if you don't count Vincenzo that is.” I answered and immediately ducked down as he had thrown another apple at me.

“Vincenzo is a woman? What? You never told me! You meanie!” She gasped, and I can just imagine her pouting on the other side.

“Guess we always find something new every day. Now, tell me where are you?” I questioned with sweetness dripping from my voice making me cringe myself and Vincenzo.

“I'm sad, that's why I'm at a place where people are dancing and drinking.” She answered with sadness covering her voice.

“Why are you sad? And don't tell me that you are at the club because its three in the afternoon.” I asked already knowing she won't answer.

“I'm sad because this world is so cruel. Your sister was so young, and she faced much more cruelness really early. I want to be as strong as her, but I'm weak.” I heard her sob and cursing the world for the evilness amongst it. So, Vanessa had a talk with her.

“I know, gorgeous. The world is evil. But, which club are you at and who are you with?” I questioned now worriedly because her voice was enough to know that she is wasted.

“I was with Asher and David. Wait! His name is David? Or am I wrong? I forgot my slave's name. I'm such a bad Queen.” I heard her sob even more.

Curse both Asher and David who took her to the club at this ungodly hour.

“Dante, instead of asking a drunk person, just track the location down, you nut job!” Vincenzo deadpanned at me.

Why didn't I think of that?

Because you were busy asking from your drunk girlfriend, My aware snorted, but I decided to pay no head to it.

“Listen love! Stay with David or Asher. I'm coming to pick you up and do not hang up t-” I started talking, but she hung up before I can finish.

“The call until I'm with you” I completed my sentence staring at the phone in my hand.

“You look like you need to be exorcized.” Vincenzo snorted, and my lips twisted into a nasty scowl.

“I'm leaving. You take the interviews and everything for today.” I stated and quickly grabbed my things, rushing out the office while dodging another apple and Vincenzo shouting.

“You son of a whinge! I'll make sure an apple a day will keep you in the hospital!”

How many apples is he going to throw?

Geez! This is going to be a long day ahead.

______________________________________

A/N: Heyoo loves!

Another chapter for you all. Enjoy💞💕

What do you think of it so far?

And any questions you wanna ask me?

Did you expect anything like this?

Thoughts on Dante?

What do you think of the chapter?

Is it going fast?

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

Your suggestions or something for the upcoming chapters?

Did you like the chapter?

please vote and comment.

by,

Satans_Lilsis❤