swapped

You enrolled into a photography course after you bought yourself a camera. You always have wanted to learn photography for so many reasons you can think of. The course you entered in has a total of five meetings, one every week. You met a lot of other passionate people like you and the mentor was pretty cool guy who loves his works too and sharing knowledge to newbies like you.

There was another photography lesson held today and you're about to be late. You rushed into the acreage grounds, carrying your cardigan in one hand and the camera bag in the other. When you were about to go through the place's entrance doors, someone behind you called your name.

It was the class's mentor, young Mr. Duke Depp (Moose or whatever). He was also in a mess of appearance. His jacket rested on his shoulder, carrying a laptop case on his arm, tumbler on one hand and his camera bag on the other.

"Y/N, wait up," he panted as he stood beside you.

"Late for your own class, Duke?" You teased.

"I could say the same to you." He grinned. "I'll let it pass if you don't tell anyone."

"You owe me a good photography tip."

"Deal."

He opened the door for you and the two of you showed your ID's to the receptionist. You placed both of your camera bags on the counter while you signed your names and time in. The rest of the class were preparing their DSLR cameras while some had already tried taking pictures in the acreage when you and Duke arrived.

"Sorry, I'm late," announced Duke. "I uhm... I had to talk with the park's director for some equipment use."

You chuckled to yourself, knowing he's arrived the same time as you.

You stood with your fellow learners while Duke prepared his friendly lecture.

"So, where did we end last time?"

"Shutter speed," answered one of your friends.

"Right, so quick recap. Shutter speed or exposure time is just how long the shutter is left open to allow light onto the sensor. So basically, it's how long the camera will take a picture. Remember that shutter speed is a huge factor to camera movement and motion blur. Long exposure time is good for steady subjects, while short exposure is good for a quick snap.

"Let's move on to ISO control which is your camera's sensitivity to light. It's the darkness and brightness, and how we can balance those two in a picture."

Duke turned on his DSLR camera and tried to take a picture with the sun and a tree's shadow in the frame. When he finished, he looked at the taken photo first. He pressed some buttons. His face went from slight confusion... and then he laughed?

You and the others looked at each other in confusion while Duke tried to stifle his laughs, unsuccessfully. He shook his head and cleared his throat, returning back to his professional appearance. He called the group to show everyone the picture he took (which was surprisingly not laughable at all) and explained how it's too bright in the upper half and dark in lower half.

You listened carefully to him, taking mental notes. You also noticed how he would sometimes glance at you and crack a grin.

Duke proceeded to explain the levels of ISO, sharing tips on how to darken the background in complement to the foreground and vice versa. He then let everyone try to take a picture with each ISO settings and see the differences.

When you took out your DSLR camera, it somehow felt a bit heavier than the last time you tried it. There was also a different smell in it, like a man's cologne. The screen displayed and you adjusted the settings, but you clicked on the wrong button and instead it showed you of the photo you took... which was a stolen picture... of yourself.

You wore the same cardigan but a different shirt. Your hair was braided back to keep strands away. The lighting was perfect that it made it seem that you glowed in the picture with the sun rays hitting your skin. Half of your face was tucked behind your camera but you were seen smiling. The background was blurred, the camera's focus was only on you.

You flipped the camera and saw sticker labels.

"Peanut: Property of DUKE DEPP :)"

You raised your head and saw Duke assisting another student. You sneaked a snap of him. You did the given activity, sometimes catching Duke looking your way, knowing the shared dilemma you two are in. He continued the class using the wrong camera, same as you, but kept quiet about it and filled the cameras with pictures of another.

When the class ended, Duke thanked everyone for coming and was looking forward for next week's new lecture. You stayed behind for a while, waiting for Duke to approach you first.

"I don't remember taking pictures of myself in third person view," you told him.

"And I also don't remember taking a picture of a donut in an apartment, nor eating a donut this past week, nor visiting someone else's apartment," he retorted. "It looked like a good donut though."

"It was." You nodded. "I have a question though before I give this back: Is Peanut the name of your camera?"

Duke blushed pink and chuckled in embarrassment. "Yes. I can't believe you had to know that. It's childish, I know."

"Duke, it's actually adorable." You laughed at him, handing him back his camera and he handed yours too. "I should consider naming mine as well."

"I could help you think of a name if you want," Duke suggested, "while we drive to my apartment to, I don't know, get a donut and transfer your pictures to your own camera."

"I think that would be lovely."

Duke presented his hand for you to take and you gladly took it, filling the gaps in your fingers perfectly fit to his. He drove you to his apartment where you transferred and exchanged files, ate donuts, and most importantly, found a cute name for your DSLR.

× × ×

from then on, "donuts" will be an inside joke in this book :D
stay hydrated and have enough rest.
duke, stop wearing hoodies challenge and give them to me instead lol
kidding.... unless ???