snowy

The elevator chimed and the doors opened in front you. Skipping through the corridors, you arrived at Duke's door. You knocked on it excitedly.

"Just a minute!" You heard inside.

"Come on, you snail! The snow's melting already!" You shouted back.

"That's not possible!"

Duke opened the door. His scarf was freely hanging from his shoulder and his one hand still didn't have a glove. He grabbed his phone then the two of you headed down and outside the building.

You grabbed Duke's hand, pulling him to the playground where a lot of snow had piled already. 

"Duke! Look at how beautiful the snowflakes are," you said, showing some from your glove.

You heard a click, which made you look up. Duke was taking pictures of the scenery, but he wasn't looking at you. An mischievous idea popped into your head.

Sneakily, you snatched his beanie from his head and shoved snow into it. Before he could even look back, you placed the beanie back on his head, snow falling down to his face and neck.

"Y/N!" He shouted, frozen in place, while you laughed.

"You gotta pay for that!" He chased after you. His long legs were a bit of an advantage but with the snow stacking up beneath your feet, it wasn't easy to run at all.

"Catch me if—"

Suddenly, the path became slippery and you lost your footing. Duke came fast behind you and he lost his balance first. His legs hit your feet and you fell down on top of him. You laughed as the both of you were still slipping on the ice.

You tried to stand up on your feet, but it was no use. With a sigh, you fell back on the ice, lying beside Duke. He took your hand.

Your eyes watched the snow falling from the cloudy skies. It was like a scene taken from a Tim Burton movie — tiny white particles of the cold weather raining on the city, the plants, and the people. Clouds above were grey and little sunshine passed through. It was silent outside as well, as if you and Duke were the only ones outside.

"Are you cold yet?" He asked, turning to you.

"No, we just got out," you replied. "How about you?"

His nose and cheeks were blushing pink, but you knew he was far from getting out of the snow anytime. He loved the winter season.

When you finally got out of the slippery path, you and Duke roamed around the park of the compound. He had his arm around your waist, keeping you beside him. Clouds of air escaped from your lips when you talked and laughed.

You entered a coffee shop. Duke helped you with your coat, dusting off snowflakes in your hair.

"Order for me, will you?" He requested, slipping your coats in his arms.

"Okay." He kissed your cheek before heading to a table.

A few minutes later, you sat in front of him and placed your drinks on your table. You shared a cheesecake while looking at pictures Duke took with his phone. You gazed at him, smiling at how he can take gorgeous photos with any camera he could have his hands on.

You turned to the glass wall beside you and watched the outside. It was all white and the snow hasn't stopped falling yet. By next morning, you guessed, there would be a maze between buildings and the parking lot.

You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You pulled it out and saw that Duke had posted two pictures of you in his instagram.

You blushed behind your phone when you read the caption:

tagged: @yourigname my snow angel came to play today ❄❄ ps. you're more beautiful than the snowflake you're looking at

He was listening to you as it turns out, and he also took pictures when you weren't looking.

*click*

Yes, he just took another picture of you while you were reading that.

After you finished your cake and hot drinks, you and Duke walked back to the apartment building. However, Duke stopped at his tracks and tugged at your hand.

"Hey snow angel," he said, grinning at you, "let's make snow angels before going home?"

You and Duke laid flat on the snow and stretched your limbs out like a starfish. You began to slid them across the snow, creating the impression of an angel.

"Hey Duke," you called, still on the ground.

"Yep?"

"You know what this weather reminded me?"

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?" He suggested. You rose up, surprised at his answer.

"Exactly!" You laid back down again. "I was thinking it's like from a Tim Burton movie. You know, with the clouds and the atmosphere."

"Yeah, I knew you'd say that," said Duke.

"You know me."

"I know you."

You rose up from the ground then you draw the halos with your hands.

Duke grabbed a stick then wrote your names on the snow.

"You know that's gonna be buried in like an hour, right?" You told him.

"It's worth the while." He wrapped his arms around you and planted a kiss on your lips.

You went back to his apartment to cozy up and watch a movie.

× × ×

heyyy, guess who got inspiration to write and update XD