patrol

It was your third week of being a traffic patrol officer. Normally you would drive around town with another officer, but tonight you were stationed on the downtown checkpoint. You wore a neon reflection vest on the side of the road, pointing your flashlight on cars driving by and checking for any violations.

Usually, it's only a broken headlight, taillight, or something in the front of the car. Some drivers had a drink or two or more, while some were inattentive to the road...

... like the Tesla that you just spotted.

You waved your flashlight to the driver, signaling him to drive to the side of the road. You headed to the driver's side, pointing the light on the driver who was rolling his window down.

He fixed his hair then looked at you. You felt your face suddenly heat up as you see the good-looking driver and his nervous smile. You noticed him turning off his phone with the Tiktok logo last seen on the bright screen.

Of course, he does tiktok, you thought to yourself.

You cleared your throat before speaking. "Having a lovely night, sir?"

"I say it's getting lovelier," he replied. You felt another rush of heat when you heard his voice.

"Having a karaoke night alone in your car seems to be a good way to spend the night, don't you think?" You raised your eyebrow and slightly tilted your head, a smile tugging on the corner of your lips.

The guy inside the car bit his lip as he thinks. "Look, uhm... officer. My car's a Tesla and it's got the auto-pilot setting. I promise I have a seatbelt on, my eyes are on the road... from time to time. But I wasn't being reckless or something."

"Don't worry, you're not being reckless." You winked at him and he sighed a little. "Just being a little bit negligent. Can I take a look at your license, sir?"

He reached for the glove compartment while you got your pen and notepad out. He handed you his license. As you read his profile, you can't help but smile at his posh name too. You say it silently in your mind.

"Two violations in one night, Mr. Charlesworth--"

"Duke's alright."

"Alright Duke, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to arrest you." You smiled at him, leaning to the car.

"Wait what? You said two violations, what's the other one?"

"Well..." you gazed down to your feet, swinging back and forth and trying to stop smiling. "It's illegal for someone to be that cute. I don't know, might distract other drivers or worse... officers on the checkpoint."

Duke blushed as he chuckled, looking away from you. He licked his lips and you lost your mind. You handed him back his license along with a note.

"I'm only kidding by the way. Just a warning this time about road negligence, Duke. I hope we won't run into each other again--"

"At least not like this," he added.

You nodded with a smile. You tapped his car. "Have a good night, sir."

"You too, officer."

You went back to your patrol work, and Duke continued on his way home. He arrived at the parking lot, your smile still stuck on his mind. He grabbed his license from the seat beside him when a note slipped out.

He picked it up and the smile on his face widened. He read your name and your number.

× × ×

unsure of this one tho, but "it's illegal to be that cute" is a prompt i had to try lol

also i had the opportunity of duke doing livestreams in his car (and getting banned *cough cough* so i took it. DUKE! STAY SAFE, YOU LITTLE BAD NUT!