sands and waves

You and Duke went to the beach as a break for long days in lockdown and social media being the only way out of reality. After setting your blankets and other stuff on your spot, you turned to the wonderful scenery. The sun was up in the clear sky and the breeze was enough to fight the heat.

You took a deep inhale of the sea's scent while grinding your toes on the hot grains of sand. Duke suddenly swept you up from your feet, threw you over his shoulder, and ran to the shore.

You screamed in surprise when the cold water hit your body. Duke immediately let go of you and the both of you got submerged in the incoming wave. When you rose up, a small wave war immediately happened between the two of you. You were splashing non-stop at Duke, which caused him to fall to the water again. However, he retaliated by swimming away from you and the water splashed to your face.

He was already on the shore when you went to him, water trickling down from your bodies because of your wet shirts and shorts. He was chuckling at you while you squeezed out the water from your hair.

"And because of that, I'm not helping you rub sunscreen on your back," you told him. You got your towel and dried your body.

"Please Y/N." Duke pouted.

"No," you said with a smile. You sat down on your blanket and opened a can of soda-juice. Duke sat beside you, watching the waves hit the shore.

Your wet shirt was sticking to your skin so you decided to remove it. Duke immediately tugged it back down, and looked at the surrounding area.

"What are you doing?" He asked, bringing you closer to him.

"I gotta let the shirt dry, then I'm gonna put on sunblock." You pat his chest and moved away, pulling the shirt over your head. You squeezed the water out of it and let it hang under the umbrella. You turned around and saw Duke staring at you. You cleared your throat.

Duke smiled at you and gently placed a hand on your cheek. "You look beautiful, you know that. It's just that some people are gonna look at you, and their eyes... Their eyes, Y/N."

He pushed strands of your hair behind your ear. With his thumb, he brushed your jaw. "That scene only belongs to me."

He leaned in and rest his forehead on yours. You blushed with his words, both of you now smiling.

"You're a romantic." You giggled and kissed his nose.

"Just for you," he replied then placed a kiss on your lips.

. . .

You and Duke took a lot of pictures at the beach. It was a perfect day and you couldn't miss the chance of a beautiful pictorial in the summer. Duke even convinced you to make a video with him, just your favourite dance and some comedic skits when the two trip on the sand.

You lunged onto him as a revenge for his scheme earlier. You rolled over the fine sand and laughed as you have a tickle fight. When Duke was gaining the upper hand, you pushed him away and ran to the waters, immediately splashing back on Duke so he can't get to you.

You swam a little bit further, Duke behind your tail. You turned around to splash more at Duke, but he dived underwater. It was you and the waves for a few seconds. He then emerged right behind you. You squealed in surprised as he wrapped his arms on your belly and spun you in the water.

A big wave came and you got submerged underwater. Duke picked you back up. Your wet hair was covering your face which Duke laughed at.

"You alright?" He asked, chuckling. He had his arms around you and kept you close to him so you won't go down with waves again, like a treasure he doesn't want to slip through his hands.