Chapter 16- Take Me With You

This is the sixteenth chapter of our story! Let us know how you like the story so far at the end!
There really is no specific point of view and you can take it from either one of them!

Please let us know if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes!

Content Warning: Confusion, Angst, Mention of kidnapping(Accusation), Crying, Panicking?

Karl opened his eyes, looking at Sapnap, "Sapnap..? Where am I-?"

"You forgot again, huh? Just now-?" Sapnap talked slowly, in a bit of denial.

Karl took a step back, "Where am I?" He asked again.

Sapnap stood up, "Karl- We live here- You forgot again.. Please calm down"

"Sapnap, we don't live here!" Karl shook his head.

Sapnap carefully walked towards him, "Karl- We do.. I have proof- Remember how you keep forgetting things?" He tried to keep a calming tone regardless of how shattered he was becoming on the inside.

"What if you kidnapped me! You might be one of those people who make me think it's you when it's not! This isn't my house- Why should I tell you anything!?" Karl snapped, feeling a bit scared.

Sapnap flinched, "Time Travel Karl. Time Travel" He was trying hard not to cry. "Did you forget anything else? Karl- I'm worried"

Karl started blinking again, starting to get genuinely afraid. "Sapnap?" Karl looked at him, his voice shakey.

"Y-Yes" Sapnap walked close to him, "Please calm down- It's okay- You have some type of amnesia. We can fix this, I promise"

"Is this our home...?" Karl looked around, voice turning soft.

Sapnap nodded slowly, "Do you think you forgot anything else- anything important-?" He hoped that he at least remembered their relationship.

"I-I'm so confused right now.." Karl kept looking around.

Sapnap sighed and looked at him. He started from pretty much the beginning and ending with what they had been doing earlier that day. He felt pain in a few things he explained, and he felt butterflies during other things. He tried to look for any sign of Karl recognizing anything- but he couldn't tell.

Karl blinked, "Oh.."

"Do you want like- a hug- or..?" Sapnap asked.

Karl quickly gave Sapnap a hug, face buried in his shoulder. Sapnap wrapped his arms around him.
"Maybe you should keep a journal of all the things you need to remember- Would that help?"

"Uhm- Yeah Yeah.."

"Do you remember what we were doing just now-?"

"No- Not really.."

"Last night? The day before?" Sapnap frowned.

"Uh-Uhm.."

Sapnap explained it again, of what happened yesterday and today. He included everything- a sad smile crossed his face when he brought up some of the things they did together.

Karl's face lit up, "Really?"

Sapnap nodded, "I promise I'll find a way to get your memory back, okay? So you can be happy again... I uh- I hope this isn't all weird for you"

"It's fine... I just need time" Karl looked at the floor.

"Do you need me to leave you to yourself- Like- Leave the room..?" Sapnap questioned nervously.

"Can I uhm- Think for a moment?" Karl said quietly.

Sapnap nodded and headed to his room, closing the door.