38

August

Miss Tina and I had been sitting in the waiting area of Grady for about an hour or two. The whole time I've been thinking what could have possibly went wrong, which is a terrible thing to do in any situation. When you thinking of what could've went wrong, you think of the worst shit. I prayed for Missy and especially my unborn. Seeing Missy in so much pain broke my heart, but the thought of losing my first baby, shattered it all together.

"Family of Missy James," the doctor called out. I almost caught a whip lash with the way I snapped my head in his direction. "You can see her now, we'll discuss what took place with her in the confidentiality of her room." he spoke and waved his hand, telling us to follow him.

Once we got to the hospital room in which Missy was assigned, we seen her sitting up watching tv and eating out of a bin of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Her belly was still huge and she looked as if nothing had happened to her, but she had on a hospital gown. "So Today, Missy went through a change in her uterus. Her body is now changing itself to prepare for child birth, which causes some big time bleeding from the vaginal area." I nodded, listening to everything the doctor was telling me without breaking my gaze on Missy.

"She also needs to relax for right now. She doesn't need to be out much or partaking in much physical activity. Got it?" the doctor asked. "Yeah, man. I got it all, thanks." Miss.Tina was talking to Missy, until Missy randomly shouted out "I'm not a fucking baby!" causing everyone to give her their attention.

"I don't need y'all babying me or watching over me like I'm a fucking toddler or something. I can do whatever I want!" she ranted then attempted to climb out of bed on her own, but she struggled until Miss.Tina told her to calm down. "Baybeh, look at'cha. You ca' hardly get outta' bed on ya' own. This mawning ya' had to wake me up so I could help ya' up so you could pee, then I had to help ya' off uh' the toilet." I said in a chuckle, but she didn't seem to find it funny. In fact, you could see her eyes starting to water. The doctor walked out seeing that we were going to have a personal moment.

"Oh no, baybeh. No, ain't e'en mean it like that. I ain't got no proll'em helping you out. Matter fact, I luh' helping you. 'Member what I tol' ya' this mawning? I meant that shit. I'm glad to help you since I haven't been doing that fa' ya' inna' past months. I juh' don't wanna see ya' stressing or hurting my little angel in there."

"Maybe we should name her that, Angel, since we haven't thought of anything." Missy suggested, smiling bright at the thought of a baby girl named Angel. "Hell nah, that's a hoe name. My baybeh girl ain't finna be no hoe." I told her.

"But Augussttttt," she whined out. "Uh uh, nope." I stopped her before she started. "I know a lot of hoes named Angel." Miss Tina butted in then sipped her tea with her eyes stuck to us. "Well, what do you guys think? Huh, August, the master of naming." she challenged.

"The otha' day, I was writing a song and the most beautiful names came to mind. Lyric." I stated. Miss.Tina stopped sipping her tea and Missy unfolded arms as her face softened. "That's good, August. Really good." Miss Tina spoke. Missy just smiled.

"So Lyric, what could be her middle name?" Miss.Tina asked. "Lyric Lanae'(Luh-nay) Alsina."

Miss.Tina and I's head both popped up at her. "Lanae'?" Miss.Tina asked with tears in her eyes. I don't know why she was crying, but I had to put my two cents in. "Alsina?" I questioned.

Missy nodded. "See, Lanae' is my mother's middle name and Alsina because I want my baby to have a piece of the oh so beautiful man that helped create her." she said as we stared into each other's eyes. She gently caressed my cheek with her thumb. I thought she was just admiring me until I noticed she started to do the same to my other cheek. She was wiping away tears that I inadvertently let fall.

I did it. I f*cking did it. I finally got to do what I've been wanting to do since I laid eyes on her the night before. I planted my lips on hers, making sure to keep shit PG in front of Mama, but I missed these lips. I let this kiss linger and wrapped my arms around her waist. I rubbed her belly, remembering to keep it PG for Lyric too and left a few pecks on her lips then pulled away.

As soon as Missy pulled away, she swung her body around. "Woo! I needed all that loving." she let out as if she was truly relieved, but shit I was. "A'ight y'all. Let's get the hell up outta here." I said as I helped get Missy prepared to leave.

--------------------------------------

Name creds to my boo thang cec1234 ! You the real MVP