3

Missy

Today is my last day in New Orleans. It's been a fun week, actually, the most fun that I've ever had coming here. I made a new friend and I will say that I actually do enjoy his company. I gave him one of my old phones so we could keep in touch somehow, it wasn't a raggedy phone either. It was my iPhone 4. I didn't need it, but I knew he would. I got it turned on so he could call whenever he needed somebody to talk to, or even just when he's bored.

He mentioned earlier on in the week that he didn't have many friends but he did have a girlfriend, Crystal. He also said that he hasn't spoken to her in two weeks now. At first, I thought it was because the fact he lacked ways communication, except meeting up with her, but how could he if he had no phone or computer? He said that he used his cousin's phone to call her, but she wasn't answering. The one time she did answer, she claimed she was sick with a stomach virus. She was throwing up.

I felt bad, but I also know what it feels like to have only one friend. My one friend is Shay. I was texting her throughout the week, explaining what was going on. She thought I was crazy until I sent her a picture. She insisted that I should have sex with him or even "just make out with him", as she would say. Once I told her his age, I thought it would change her mind, but she said the risk factor is what makes it sexy.

August and I were pulling up to my mother's driveway, just so I could tell her goodbye, but he didn't know my plan. What I was planning to do was try to convince him to stay in my mother's guest bedroom. I let her know everything and she was fine with it. Hopefully, this goes well.

"Come on." I instructed, pushing my door open. He looked at me like I had two heads. "You want me to meet your mom?" he asked me, pointing to himself. I nodded in response. "Why?" he asked. "I mean, so you can know somebody. Not only that, she can help you if you need somebody. She's like an older version of me in a way." He shook his head at me and scoffed. "You think I'm some kind of charity case? I don't want nobody to feel like I owe them shit." I let out a long sigh. "I understand where you're coming from, believe me I do. What you don't know is that I've been without a home at one point. I've struggled for something to eat before. You know I used to steal the clothes I wore, because I didn't have shit. I went through that for a long time because I didn't tell anybody. I had people who were willing to help me, but I didn't take it because I felt the same way you do, right now. Fuck what they say, at least you eating. Me and her were together, so she knows those same feelings that you feel. Just chill out and stop being stubborn." I explained to him. It's a shame I have to pour out my whole life story, just so he can live comfortably for a second.

"Thanks Missy." was all he said as he pushed the passenger door open, climbing out. Before we could even get up the porch steps, my mother opened the door, looking crazy as hell. "Hey baby, hello handsome." My mom greeted both of us. August laughed at her nasty-assness. "Hello gorgeous." My jaw dropped. "I know y'all not flirting right in front of my face." I spoke with my arms folded. "Somebody's jealous, what your young ass do to my baby?" My nasty ass mom questioned August. He held his hands up in surrender. "I didn't touch her, I promise. She sprung off my presence." He lied through his teeth. I hit his chest and we walked in my mom's house. "So what's your name young man?" my mom queried. "August." my mom looked as if she was saying continue. "August Alsina." he confidently stated. "Ooooh Wee! That's sexy." my mom said, shaking her shoulders.

After my mom finally stopped being a pedophile, we were sitting down talking about August's living situation. He explained what happened with his mother and his stepfather and where he was before I came along. "Well, you can consider this your new home. You don't have to do much, just clean up after yourself and do not, I mean do not, leave piss on my toilet seats. It's two restrooms, you can claim the one closest to the guest bedroom as yours." August took in everything my mom was saying to him. I think these two will get along well. As long as they're not doing no nasty shit, I'm fine with him staying here, and they both seem to be fine with it as well.

After watching a movie, I decided to hit the road since I was driving home. While I was telling them goodbye, August told me he wanted to speak to me outside. Once we were standing on the porch and clear of my mom, he started to speak. "I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you doing all a' this fa' me." he started, his accent got thicker the more he spoke. "Befo' this, I really ain't have nobody to help me out. Not because mufuckas was bein' selfish, but cause I din't know how to open up ta' nobody. You taught me that no matta' how evil people are nowadays, you gotta realize, you gotta survive somehow and keep pushing through this shit and that everybody ain't tha' same and I thank ya' fa' helping me see that."

After he said that, I felt way better about myself. I felt like Oprah or some shit. "Aww, the big baby is happy he met me." I cooed in a baby voice, which pissed him off. I pinched his cheeks but he pushed away my hand and held onto it. "What's wrong little baby? You mad now?" I asked. "No." he simply stated. "Mhm, if you say s-" I was cut off by him smashing his lips onto mine. I was surprised at my own actions because I hesitantly kissed him back. The kiss was long, but ended with him running off and laughing. I was in shock. I stood still, until I realized I had to get the hell out of here. I started my long drive him with his stupid ass actions on my mind.