14

Missy

Night before Christmas

I stepped out the shower onto the cold bathroom floors. Today August, my mother, and I decided to go out for a Christmas Eve's dinner. We were going to cook on the day of Christmas, so it was no point to cook today. August and I were going to wear all white, while my mother is wearing all red. We were going to coordinate so we could look like a family, according to my mother.

I put on my red lipstick, finishing up my look. I went to go look in August's full body mirror to admire myself, since I knew I was looking good. August walked in the room with a white button up and white jeans that had gold zippers and white sneakers. I wore a fitted white dress with white red bottom heels, and a white and gold clutch to go along with it.

Once August seen me, he just stared me. I was pleased by his reaction because I knew what it meant. That he liked it. I wanted him to like, plus I wanted him to be seen with something nice on his arm. He crept up from behind, wrapping one arm around my waist and the other went across my chest. "You look so good. You're beautiful." he whispered in my ear. I turned while still in his grasp, facing him. I placed a small kiss on his lips, making sure I didn't smudge my lipstick on him. "Thank you babe, you looking mighty scrumptious, if I do say so myself."

At the Restaurant

August and I shared the seat in the booth, while my mother sat across from us. "So babies, what y'all plan on doing after August moves?" my mother questioned. I look at August, he nodded, showing that I should go ahead and speak. "We'll hopefully continue this relationship and we're going to remain close and become even closer as time passes by." I informed her. "That's good. Are you planning to move in with her or what?" she asked, this time directing her question towards August. "Nah, actually, they giving me my own place to stay. So na', I won't have to depend on nobody nomo'." he confidently said.

The look on my mother's face looked as if she was in a mix between happiness and sadness. I know she's proud of him, but I know deep down, she would miss him. "That's great sweety, just make sure you keep in contact with me now." she told him. "You know I could neva' fa'get about my second mama na'." As they were sharing words with each other and we finished up eating, I was gushing happiness on the inside. I was so happy that August and my mother had such a bond. Honestly, you have no choice but to bond with someone who's kept you off the streets. I would feel the same way he does about my mother if I were in his shoes.

"So when exactly are you moving? We never discussed that part." I butted in. "Actually, I'm leaving in the middle of January." Nobody could understand how excited I was at this point. I was in pure felicity. Ever since I met August, I always wanted him closer, and now my wish has been granted. I was starting to wonder about the crazy things we would do to each other while nobody is around, which would be majority of the time. I started to squirm in my seat just thinking about it.

"Missy, are you okay?" my mother snapped me out my thoughts. I looked at her, then to August, to see him smirking at me. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I was just tryna get comfortable." I told her. "Well, I think we should get back now. I'm ready to sit back and watch some movies." We all rose from our seats and exited the restaurant.

Once we entered the house, August and I went up to his room and my mom, of course, went into the living room. "You look so good right now." August told me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Is that right?" "Mhm, that's right baybeh." he put his head into the crook of my neck, leaving kisses down to my collarbone.

That night we made each other feel things, only we could. Forgetting that my mother was in the house, I screamed to the mountain tops. Which also resulted in her coming upstairs. We were so into each other, we forgot to lock the door. She busted in on us having sex, while I was on top of August. Luckily, I had the blanket on us. "I don't give a f*ck about y'all f*cking, I just wanted to inform the two of you that it is 12 in the morning, so it's officially Christmas. You know we always open up gifts at this time. So let's go." she ranted. Obviously embarrassed, I huffed and puffed as I climbed off of August. I was even more excited about August's departure from here now.

Missy in the MM