three

BETH QUINN

saturday came around a lot quicker than i expected, and the nerves i felt were not shifting whatsoever. i found myself in the same saturday routine as always, getting as far away from my uni halls as physically possible and not returning til' monday.

"i'm going to wear my white dress with the ribbon bow on the back" gee told me, as we walked through central london, looking for new outfits. "you should definitely wear pink, it's so your colour"

"do you not think it clashes with my ginger hair?" i asked, wanting her honest opinion.

"not at all, if anything, it compliments it really well" she said, shooting me a toothy grin. "come on! this is where i get all my dresses"

we stopped at a small boutique, the door was painted a gold colour and it had a bell which rung when you entered, alerting the middle aged woman who was stood behind the desk that she had a customer.

"georgina! how nice to see you!" the lady beamed, making her way from out behind the desk. "who's this pretty lady?"

"this is beth, she's a student here from glasgow" gee introduced me.

"lovely to meet you, beth" she smiled. "give me a shout if you girls need anything"

"thank you so much" i smiled gratefully, browsing the rails of dresses.

"oh my god, this is absolutely perfect for you" gee gushed, holding up a blush pink mini dress with short, puffy sleeves. it was absolutely gorgeous.

"i need to get this! gee you have such a good eye!" i giggled, taking the dress off her, luckily it was in my size so i took it up to the counter and the lovely lady bagged it up for me and i paid quickly before the pair of us exited the small shop.

"okay, we have just about enough time to get coffee before we need to get back to the flat to get ready" gee said, checking her smart watch before we headed towards costa for a caffeine intake.

soon enough, we arrived back at will and gee's place, where will was sat in a tracksuit with bed hair, typing away rapidly on his macbook.

"hey sunshine" i smiled, making him jump.

"beth, lass, you almost gave me a heart attack" he breathed out, placing his laptop to one side and standing up to give me a quick hug. "how was your exam?"

"stressful but we got there" i told him. "i'm officially uni free until january twentieth"

"thank fuck for that" he laughed. "feel free to stay here for the time being, i know how much you hate staying in your uni halls"

"i don't know why i still pay for that dorm, i spend more time here" i said, letting out a laugh.

"you should look into getting a flat here" will told me, he had tried to talk me into it multiple times. "it would make life easier"

"i'm not a multi millionaire, will" i laughed. "i don't have that kind of money"

"how about trying to get some freelance work then?" he suggested, taking a big swig of water. "youtubers are always looking for help"

"hmm, that's actually not too bad of an idea, for once" i joked, ruffling his hair.

"i'm not a complete idiot" he narrowed his eyes at me. "now go get ready, before gee has an aneurism"

i rolled my eyes playfully and headed into gee's bedroom where she had like every beauty product poured onto her bed, along with every hair tool you could probably imagine.