thirteen

BETH QUINN

"what do you think, then?" will asked me as we were shown around a flat which was multiple floors above wills, we managed to book a viewing even though i was pretty certain i was going to put down a deposit for it.

"i love it" i told him, honestly. "i love how cosy it is yet so modern"

"they grow up so fast" will fake cried. "your first apartment and your first boyfriend all at once"

"oh shut up" i said, shoving him. "i don't even have a boyfriend"

"oh, please" he scoffed. "harry and you are not just friends"

i rolled my eyes before the landlady returned to the fully furnished living room, documents in her hand. "have you made a decision yet, miss?"

"yes! i'd love to put down my first months rent" i told her and she smiled with a nod, jotting down some details onto the documents.

after another short while of discussing details and dates, i had signed the papers and i now owned an apartment in central london, what the hell?

will pulled me into a massive hug when we arrived back at his flat. "i'm so fucking happy for you"

"thank you" i smiled. "i honestly would not be in this position without you, i'd still be that shy weird student with no friends"

"oh, shut up" he chuckled. "you gonna tell harry?"

"yeah, i'll tell him later" i told will. "we should go out for food later to celebrate"

"oh, yes!" will grinned. "we can get everyone out"

i smiled as will typed away on his phone, i assumed he was messaging the group chat but i opened up my private text messages to message harry separately.

hey, you busy later tonight? i have news!! <3 x

he wasn't active so i slipped my phone back into my pocket and joined will on the sofa and stuck my feet up, finally feeling at peace.

we sat and watched bake off for a while before wills phone started ringing. "it's freezy facetiming"

he answered and i heard the familiar voice say hello.

they spoke for a while as i sat and played around on my phone, secretly waiting for harry to reply to my text but i wouldn't admit that.

"you up for tonight, then?" will asked freezy.

"yeah, definitely" i heard him say. "lux is too, i'm not sure about harry, i've not heard from him, katie got here earlier and they've been in his room ever since"

katie? who's that? i knew his sister was called rosie but maybe he had another sister called katie, or maybe she was a friend. i hated how much this was affecting me.

"oh fucks sake" will groaned. "anyways, beth's here!"

will panned the camera around to me and i gave him a small wave, which the blonde boy retuned. "alright, betho?"

"betho?" i laughed.

"yeah, beth olivia, may aswell call you betho"

i giggled at his explanation as will rolled his eyes playfully.

"anyways, i'll call you back later" will told him as we said goodbye and he ended the call. i chose not to ask about katie, as it would make me sound super jealous, which i may or may not be.

i watched the rest of bake off with will before he got up to get changed out of his tracksuit into something acceptable for the restaurant we had decided on. i was fine as i was dressed in a denim skirt, paired with tights and a purple woolly jumper, doc martin boots on my feet.