fifteen

BETH QUINN

i made my way into the lift of my accommodation after getting coffee with will, i was mentally planning an outfit in my head for tonight as harry informed me we were only going to a pub, not clubbing.

i racked my brain to think of something to wear before exiting the lift, making my way along the long corridor as i was stopped by some girls who lived on the same floor.

"hi beth!" chelsea smiled. i was friends with them for a while after freshers and the first years but as the years progressed, we all drifted apart. "we're all going out tonight to celebrate exams almost being over and stuff, you should come"

"i'm actually going out later tonight" i said awkwardly, watching their faces fall.

"i mean, the night is young!" amber said. "you could come to spoons for a few drinks and then go off to wherever you're headed"

"yeah, you definitely should!" lauren chimed in.

they were all really nice girls but i knew they had a massive friend group of boys, including jay, who told me he had feelings for me a few years back even though i told him i didn't feel the same, he persisted that we go out.

but it would be the last time to see the girls before i moved out, even though we weren't very close anymore.

"okay, fine" i laughed. "i'll come for a few drinks" 

they all cheered and clapped making me giggle slightly as i retrieved my keys from my bag and made my way into my small room. everything was pretty much packed away, ready to go on monday.

i decided to wear some black flares along with a plain khaki green cropped top and some platform converse but made sure to bring my cow print sidemen hoodie, which i stole from harry, as i knew it'd get cold later and all my jackets were packed away.

my make up was still in tact from earlier so all i had to do was add some eyeliner and lashes and i was good to go.

just as i was finishing, i heard a knock on my door, i got up to open it to see the three girls stood, all very dressed up, ready to go.

"aw, beth! you look peng!" lauren said. "are you excited to see jay?"

"why would i be excited to see jay?" i laughed, confused.

"well you guys had that thing last summer" amber said. "maybe you guys could pick up where yous left off! we could quadruple date!"

"guys, nothings ever happened between jay and i" i laughed. "he told me he had feelings for me and i told him i didn't feel the same, that's literally all that's happened"

the girls all looked at each other, all wearing equally confused expressions.

"okay, this is awkward" amber said.

"jay basically told us all that you guys had a fling last year and you proper loved him but he broke it off because he didn't want to hurt you" chelsea told me and i felt my jaw physically drop.

"guys, that is honestly so much bullshit" i said. "why is he lying about me?"

"he's probably embarrassed that he got rejected" lauren said, laughing. "we'll have a talk with him because that's just weird"

"but anyway, are you ready to go?" chelsea asked me and i nodded, grabbing my handbag.

we made our way down and out of the building before getting an uber to the spoons which they had chosen which was coincidentally right next to where harry and the cals lived.