fourteen

BETH QUINN

"so you're staying here for good?!" harry exclaimed as we lay on top of his bed, some random netflix show playing on the tv which none of us were particularly interested in.

"well, i've signed a two year lease" i shrugged, making him smile wide.

"good" he told me. "i don't wanna lose you to fuckin' scotland"

"whats wrong with scotland?" i asked him with a frown.

"sheep shaggers, the lot of them" he said, simply.

"that's wales" i told him making us both laugh.

"well, you have shit accents" he said. "except yours" he added when i gave him a sad look.

we sat and spoke for a while, occasionally checking our phones and whatnot before i brought up something i didn't want to.

"so how was your day with katie?" i asked him, trying to not sound jealous.

"it was weird" he told me. "i guess will told you about her?"

"i didn't ask" i shook my head. "it's not really my business but i overheard freezy saying you were with her all day today"

"she's my ex" he told me.

"oh" i frowned, but covered it up quickly.

"it's not like that, beth" he told me. "she came over to get her stuff, and for me to get my stuff back, and we spoke for a little bit, i told her about you and she's happy that i'm moving on"

"oh, that's cool" i told him. "did you uh, break up recently?"

"it's been like four months" harry told me. "i completely forgot she had stuff here until she reached out to me asking for it"

"i see" i nodded. "that's cool"

"yeah, i just don't get how i could lose my phone though, we were sat in my room all day" he said, he was clearly confused at how he could lose such an important electronic. "what time did you get a text message from it?"

i pulled my own phone out, checking my messages with the boy and finding out it was at six forty. i told him and he looked shocked.

"katie left at six thirty, and i last saw my phone just before that when the new sidemen sunday went up at six" he told me. "so i feel like she may have taken my phone"

"that's weird" i told him and he agreed with me.

"i'm sorry" he told me after a small while of silence, i turned to look at him, confused to why he was apologising to me. "you know id never be too busy to hang out with you and hear your news, no matter how boring it is"

i gasped and whacked him lightly on the chest, receiving a hearty laugh from the boy.

"no, for real though" he continued. "katie isn't a threat or anything, i'm completely over her and i'm completely focused on us"

i smiled at harry's sweet words as he sent me a cute smile, it was rare to have a serious conversation like this with harry as he was always so jokey and never properly serious about stuff.

"i'm glad" i smiled up at him and he threw an arm around me.

"so, are you busy saturday?" he asked me and i mentally checked my calander.

"not that i'm aware of" i shook my head. "my last exam is on friday and then i'm free from uni for a while"

"good" he grinned. "do you wanna go out saturday night?"

"what like out clubbing?" i asked him and he shook his head.

"no like just us, on a date" he told me and i smiled widely.

"i'd love that"

we spent the rest of the night talking about my plans of moving and what i was doing with the place, harry and will had both agreed to help me with the few bits of furniture i needed to build and i couldn't be more grateful.

i ended up falling asleep at harry's but that wasn't anything new, from the amount of times i had woken up either at wills or harry's i barely slept at my uni dorm these days.

i woke up to the sun blinding in through the curtains but to an empty bed, the door slightly ajar.

i checked my phone quickly to send will a quick text telling him i'd still be meeting him for coffee at three as per usual.

shortly after, i got up and made my way out of the room and into the kitchen, where harry was sat sipping on a coffee. i was baffled that grim was up and functioning at this hour as he normally slept until at least noon.

"mornin'" i smiled to the blonde boy who's eyes darted over to meet mine and a smile grew on his face.

"morning, sorry i woke up a while ago and fancied a starbucks, i got you an iced latte it's in the fridge" he told me and i could've cried happy tears then and there. "don't worry, it's with oat milk"

"ugh, i fuckin' love you" i groaned, playfully as i retrieved the drink from the fridge and sat across from him at the table.

"bit early for that" he chuckled and i rolled my eyes playfully, sticking a straw into my cup and taking a long sip.

"it's so good, thank you so much"

he shrugged it off and took a big gulp of his latte, before grabbing his phone and typing away on it.

"how's the new phone then" i laughed.

"it's fuckin' massive" he told me. "and no, that's not what she said"

"you're so immature, i wasn't gonna say that" i rolled my eyes.

"sure you weren't"

"what's your plans today, then?" i asked him and he sighed.

"sidemen shoot is at four so i gotta shower and get myself all sexy for that and then we're going out i think, if you wanna come?"

"i'm going for coffee with will at three and then heading back to my dorm so if i get everything done in time then yeah, i'll join" i told him.

"great" he smiled. "i don't like going out without you, got no one to pull"

"oh shut up, you could pull anyone" i laughed at the boy who was sat pouting.

"yeah, maybe" he said, before leaning forward. "what i meant was there's no one else i want to pull"