sixteen

BETH QUINN

finishing work in a good mood was something that didn't happen often, as working with amy was absolutely abysmal but nothing could ruin my good mood today.

i woke up next to harry about six hours previous, our legs tangled and my head in the crook of his shoulder, his arm draped over my naked body.

i felt a lot more intimate with harry after last night, like we couldn't be closer if we tried.

after my short shift at the restaurant, i was heading to my own apartment to finally start on the moving in process. i also had to book a flight to scotland to collect my possessions, will had kindly offered to come with me so he could drive the moving van back down.

the walk to the apartment tower was short, tyler the creator played through my airpods as i walked down the river, the occasional runner or dog walker rushing past me.

when i reached my apartment door, will was stood outside, leaned against the wall with his airpods in but he toon them out of his ears and returned them to their case when i walked up to him.

"y'alright?" he asked with a smile as he pulled me into an embrace.

"how are you?" i asked him as i unlocked the door to let us into the empty, echoey apartment.

"yeah, i'm alright" he said. "i heard you and harry ditched the guys last night though"

i turned to see him stood with a suggestive smirk on his face which i glared at.

"and what about it?"

"nothing" he threw his hands up in defence. "i'm glad you two are shagging, it's cute"

"what the fuck" i laughed. "you're so weird"

the two of us checked out the flat pack furniture which had arrived a few days prior, the place came furnished but i needed a few extra bits like a desk and a vanity table.

will sat on the floor, pulling his phone out and typing away while i started to work on the vanity table. i was in a little world of my own until i saw a flash at the corner of my eye, realising will took a picture of me.

"oi, i beg you fuck off" i laughed, turning to face him. "you're literally no help"

"you look like you know what you're doing" he shrugged.

"you're so annoying" i groaned, standing up and heading into the kitchen where i had a few cans of monster stashed in the fridge from last time we were here.

i grabbed the white can out of the fridge and opened it, taking a long swig.

"so, what's the tea then?" will asked as he leaned against the kitchen island.

"firstly, never say that again" i started off, receiving an offended look from the boy. "and secondly, there's none"

"there's got to be somethin'" he said. "you and harry literally ditched everyone last minute to 'hang out' that means there's tea"

"we just sat at tower bridge and got drunk ourselves and then went back to harry's" i shrugged, leaning back against the worktop fiddling with the drinks can in my hand. "it was nice"

"was it a date?" he asked with narrowed eyes and a raised eyebrow.

"i don't think so" i shrugged. "it was different to the dates we've had before, it was just so, raw and real"

i kept thinking back to when we sat on the bench, passing the bottle of champagne and talking about anything and everything. i told harry things i had never told anyone before, about my family, about everything.