seventeen

BETH QUINN

"you excited to be back for a few hours?" will asked me as we sat in the airport, eating pastries from starbucks as we waited on our uber to my family home.

"yeah, it'll be nice" i smiled, thinking of the fond memories i had in scotland and how bittersweet it would be as i knew i was now moving to london.

after around an hour of waiting and travelling, we were outside my house, awaiting my mum to open to the door. i had grabbed some millies cookies on the way for my family, they were brodie's favourite.

"bethany! my baby!" she gasped as she opened the door, acting surprised when she knew fine well we were coming.

"hi mum" i laughed, pulling her in for a hug. "you remember will, right?"

she pulled away before pulling will into a hug aswell, which he instantly returned.

"how could i forget my second son?" she laughed. "now get in here, your little brother is almost having an aneurism waiting for you"

"bless him" i frowned as we entered the house and i instantly heard little feet tapping on the flooring as brodie ran towards me.

"beth! you're home!" he grinned, engulfing me in a hug. "well, until you go back to london"

"how've you been, buddy?" i smiled at my little brother who looked stunned.

"good! oh my god is that willne?" he whispered and i laughed and nodded, before will came over and crouched down to his level.

"alright, mate?" he smiled at brodie who just nodded rapidly.

"want to play fifa?" he asked will who laughed and agreed and brodie instantly showed him to the games room where they remained for quite a while.

"where's dad?" i asked my mum as i realised he wasn't around.

"he's at work, he should be home in around an hour" she told me and i nodded before running upstairs to my room to start packing. my mum had gotten me some big cardboard boxes to use.

i swung open my bedroom door and got to work. my room was reasonably big with a walk in wardrobe and an en-suite, probably the reason why all of my fake high school friends wanted to hang out with me.

my parents had good jobs, they owned a successful law firm in central glasgow so brodie and i were always really well off, we went to private school and never had to worry about money.

although, when i moved down to london i realised that i wanted to do stuff for myself, i wanted to experience having a part time job and earning my own money which is why i got into waitressing, i didn't particularly like doing it but it paid the bills.

i started to fold clothes and pack everything, making a pile of stuff i knew i wouldn't wear again that i could donate to charity.

after around an hour, will eventually came up to my room to help me.

"you alright?" he grinned as he came into my room. "cute room"

"thanks" i rolled my eyes, knowing he was being sarcastic as he eyed my bulletin board which was hung on my wall displaying medals and trophies from various sports tournaments.

"glasgow girls football club? you've never once told me you play football" he gasped, grabbing my player of the year trophy.

"i stopped when i turned eighteen" i told him. "had to focus on university"

"that's a shame" he frowned. "hey, we sometimes play seven-a-side when we're all available, you should definitely join"

"nah, i'll be proper rusty" i laughed. "plus you're all big men, you'll crush me"