thirty two

"i cant believe we have to go home tomorrow" talia frowned as she took a seat around the table where the majority of us were eating breakfast, i was sat eating some cereal with will next to me.

"i know" vik sighed as he took a swig of his orange juice, it had been such a nice few days just spending time together and catching up.

"how's mia?" i asked will quietly as everyone digressed into their own conversations.

"yeah, really good" the geordie boy nodded. "we're going on another date in a few days, i've booked the ivy"

"oooh, that's serious" i said, jokingly. the ivy was one of the first restaurants harry and i went to, it was proper fancy.

"i know! i really fuckin' like her though" he said. "thanks for meeting her and stuff"

"i mean, thanks for meeting harry" i laughed. "speaking of which, have you seen him?"

"nope, you're the one who was sleeping in the same bed as him" will laughed.

i shrugged, harry wasn't there when i woke up this morning and i hadn't seen him today, he usually slept in pretty late, as well.

i decided to go a wander and try to find my boyfriend so i slipped on my sliders and headed outside, taking a little detour around the garden until i found him sat outside alone with a cup of tea.

"hey, you alright?" i asked him as i sat down next to him, he scooted over a little to give me space.

"yeah, just needed a breather" he shrugged.

"i'm sorry, do you want me to go?" i asked, getting ready to stand up to go back inside but he pulled me back down. 

"don't be daft" he shook his head. "you mean a lot to me, you know that, right?"

"yeah, you're my everything harry" i nodded, smiling.

"i'm so sick of people like ricegum trying to ruin that" harry groaned. "first freezy and now this creep"

"harry, calm down" i told him, placing a hand in his knee. "freezy apologised and ricegum is just messing"

"i know but it's so frustrating, you know?" he sighed. "you're mine and i don't like people being like that"

"i'm a human, not an object" i half joked. "it'll blow over"

"yeah, i fuckin' hope so" he said. "i cant go on social media without being the fucking laughing stock because ricegum is flirting with you"

"harry i'm sorry that it's happening, but it's not my fault" i told him, slightly offended that he was taking it out on me. "i didn't ask for him to stumble upon my stream"

"i didn't say that, beth" harry replied. "i'm just saying, it's not a great feeling"

"yeah, well i'm sorry i'm such an inconvenience" i sighed, standing up.

"beth, please" he said, standing up too. "don't make this any harder than it already needs to be"

"what are you saying?" i asked, my eyes filling up as i saw the hurt expression on the guernsey boys face.

"it's for the best, beth" he said, barely above a whisper. "i don't want to make your life miserable, this is just the start of the hate"

"harry, we can get through this" i told him, a tear falling down my cheek. "we always do"

harry's body language and the tone in his voice where foreign to me, he was never like this which is what was making me nervous, i didn't want to think about the outcome of this conversation.

"i cant even go onto reddit to make content on my channel without being overwhelmed with memes of you and ricegum, people saying i've stolen wills girl, people saying one of us is too good for the other" harry said. "i don't want to drag you down with me"

"harry, please" i said, not even trying to stop the tears at this point.

"maybe we just need a break" he told me, placing a hand on my shoulder, but i moved away.

"a break?" i sniffled. "you're just going to run away from our problems instead of trying to solve them? that's not the harry i know"

"beth, i cant physically handle this just now" the taller boy said, placing his hand on my cheek to wipe away my tears but they continued to fall. "you're so beautiful"

"no" i sighed, stepping back. "you don't get to break my heart and then act like everything's okay"

"baby-"

"i'm not your baby anymore" i sighed, pulling his hands off my waist.

"i love you"

"no you don't" i shook my head, running inside of the villa, tears spilling down my face.

i couldn't believe that we were broken up, break or not. i thought harry would fight for us but clearly not.

i marched past the table full of my friends who all had concerned looks on their faces and ran upstairs, into my shared room with harry, i grabbed my stuff and pulled it all into wills room as he had a twin room with two separate beds.

i heard another pair of footsteps come upstairs and a door slam but i didn't question it too much as i sat down and went onto the easyjet website, booking a flight from london to glasgow for tomorrow night, deciding that i wanted to go home for a while.

after hearing the door open, i looked up to see will with concern and worry all over his face.

"beth, what's happened?" he asked, sternly, sitting down next to me on his spare bed which i was now claiming. "harry's locked himself in his room, what's happened?"

"we broke up" i sobbed, letting everything out that i had been holding in. "he doesn't want me anymore"

"what?!" will exclaimed, raising his voice. "that little prick, when i get him i swear to god i'll-"

"will, it's okay" i said, crying onto his shoulder. "i don't blame him, i must be exhausting to date"

"beth, i'm not going to sit here and let you put yourself down" the geordie boy shook his head. "is this because of the ricegum thing?"

"partly" i nodded, sniffing. "i'm so stupid, i should've just blocked him out of my stream or something"

"it's not your fault" will said, again. "i think lux is speaking to harry"

"i've booked a flight home" i said, showing him my confirmation. "i'm going to glasgow"

"beth" he frowned, pulling me into his famous tight hug. "i'll fuckin' kill him"

"thanks" i giggled a little but still crying. "i'm so exhausted, i'm gonna chill in here today, is that okay?"

"of course it is" will nodded. "do you want me to stay?"

"if you want" i nodded, getting up to get changed as i realised i was still wearing harry's top and my shorts and i didn't want a constant reminder of my failed relationship.

i got ready to get back into bed before my phone buzzed, i looked down to see it was a tweet notification from harry.

@wroetoshaw : i'm the biggest fucking idiot on the planet.