forty six

"honey, i'm home!" i heard which knocked me out of my slumber, i had fallen asleep on the sofa from the day before, my clothes still on and my eyes puffy from crying.

i turned to see will, he had starbucks and flowers and a sad smile on his face.

"where did you go yesterday?" i asked him as i stood up, walking towards him.

"i went to see harry" he shrugged. "got into a fight with him and now i'm here"

"you fought with him?" i asked him, ignoring the goofy smile on his face.

"he tried to give me some bullshit excuse, and the anger took over me" he sighed, rubbing his temples. "should see the black eye i gave him"

"will" i scolded him.

"what do you expect? you're my best friend and he made you cry, again" he explained. "no one makes you cry, beth, especially not him"

i smiled a little, before he extended his arm to hand me the sunflowers which were wrapped in brown paper, i smiled even more before i thanked him and put them in water.

"i don't know what to do, i cant bring myself to answer his calls" i told will. "do you reckon he's got an explanation?"

"hell no" will shook his head, his eyebrows gritted together as he sat down, pulling off his jacket. "there's nothing he can say or do, theres pictures"

"i know" i sighed. "i just don't want to believe that he'd do that to me, y'know?"

will sighed and pulled me into a side hug as i sat down next to him, he pressed his lips to my forehead as i cried into his neck.

he rubbed my back, reassuring me every few minutes that everything would be okay and that he loved me which i appreciated.

after a short while, i started to get sleepy, as i hadn't had a very good sleep previously due to sleeping on the couch the night before so i ventured to my bedroom where i got changed into my pyjamas and jumped into bed, will had gone out but told me he'd be back soon.

i was rudely awakened to knocking at my door, i groaned, will had a key why was he knocking??

i got up and pulled a hoodie on over my bralette i had been sleeping in and got up, heading to the door, as i unlocked it and opened it, i saw the last person i wanted to see.

"beth, gorgeous" harry frowned, stretching his arms out toward me which i moved away from and closed the door in his face, locking it behind me.

"beth, please" i heard him call from behind the door.

"go away" i sighed, looking out the peephole where he was still stood. to be fair, he looked miserable. he had sweats on, his hair was a mess and his eyes were red and puffy. ha. good.

i then noticed the massive purple bruise which surrounded his left eye, jesus christ, will wasn't lying when he said he had a black eye.

i walked away from the door, to make myself a cup of tea, when i heard a key jingling and my door opened, seeing will stumble in with a few shopping bags.

"harry's outside" he told me and i nodded, letting him know that i knew but before i could say anything else, harry entered at his back.

"beth, hear me out, please" he sighed but i shook my head and he walked towards me again.

"harry, she said no" will spoke up, making harry scoff.

"will, can you get out of her ass for one fucking day" harry sighed. "she's a big girl she can make her own decisions"

"she's my best fucking mate, and i actually treat her with respect, unlike you" will scoffed, shaking his head.

"i should've known you fancied her, trying to move in and make a move with her as soon as you had the chance" harry snickered, walking towards will. "you've always had a thing for her, havent you?"

"you don't know what you're talking about" will shook his head, balling my hands into fists.

"guys-" i started but harry interrupted me.

"admit it, will" harry said. "you fancied beth, she friendzoned you and you were salty ever since, you hated the idea of us two, admit it"

before anyone could say anything else, will swung his fist, colliding it with harry's face making the shorter boy double over, grabbing his face.

"will!" i screamed as the taller boy stormed out of my apartment, leaving me with harry.

i really didn't want to talk to him but i also couldny just make him leave with a bloody nose, i sighed and grabbed a wet cloth from the kitchen, cleaning up his face without saying anything.

"i'm so sorry, beth" he eventually said, looking up into my eyes to which i didn't respond. "please, can i just explain myself and then you can choose to break up with me or not?"

i continued to dab the cloth around his nose, still not responding to his pleads before standing up and chucking the bloody cloth in the bin.

"it's stopped bleeding so you're good to go" i said as i got up and opened the door, signalling for him to leave

"beth, please" he sighed. "please listen to my side of the story"

"no" i said sternly. "you lied to me harry, you said you were in guernsey, i don't care what happened in paris, the bottom line is that you still lied to me"

"i know, and i hate myself more than you do right now" he frowned. "but i really want to make things right"

"not right now" i shook my head and pulled my hand away from him when he reached out to take it in his. "please just leave"

"im not giving up on us, beth"

with that, he left the building and i felt numb, as though he took a part of me with him.

i loved harry lewis to death and all i wanted was to tell him to come back and smother him in kisses and cuddles but whats done is done.

this is gonna end soon bc i'm running out of ideas LMAO.
cant thank u all enough for all the love and comments <3