twenty six

BETH QUINN

it was the day of the charity match and i hadn't seen harry in a few days, he had been practicing football with the guys twenty-four-seven.

i was proper nervous for him, but i sucked it up and started to get dressed before i had to leave to meet the girls, we had vip seating which was kindly organised by the guys.

harry came home after the tinder shoot in such a bad mood, he filled me in on how ethan had been taking the piss out of him all day. harry got really defensive when it came to anyone bringing up his alcohol battle so i understood why he was upset.

he also touched on ethan saying i had changed harry, that upset me slightly because i thought that ethan and i were considered friends but who knows?

anyway, if anything was awkward tonight, i'd make a point to pull ethan aside for a chat.

i wore a white, high-wasted skirt with harry's jersey tucked in, i pulled a belt around it as the top was proper baggy. i paired it with my high top black converse.

talia had messaged me saying she'd pick mia and i up in an uber in an hours time so i sat down at my vanity and curled my ginger hair before doing my usual make up routine but adding a red lip to stand out against my black and white outfit as well as a little nod towards the youtube all stars kit.

after packing a small handbag with my essentials, i grabbed my id and ticket and made my way out of my apartment, locking the door behind me.

i knocked on mia's door and she was fully ready, wearing some denim ripped jeans with a white bralette top and a black denim jacket, she looked so cute.

"ready to go?" i smiled as she grabbed her handbag and we made our way over to the lifts. "how's things with will?"

"i um- i think i like him" she told me and i let out a squeal. "he's really nice to me and yeah, you're not mad are you?"

"mad? im over the moon!" i told mia as we stepped into the lift. "my best guy friend and my best girl friend, im basically cupid"

mia laughed as the lift stopped at the ground floor and we made our way out to the carpark where the uber had just pulled up.

we got in and talia, freya and gee were already in there so we set off for the football stadium.

"you girls look so peng!" talia exclaimed. "is that harry's top?"

"yeah" i blushed. "we were supposed to go public before the game but so much has happened that we had no time, so i guess this is our way of going public?"

"that's so cute!" freya smiled. "mia, i guess you're supporting youtube all stars?"

everyone giggled as mias face lit up red and she shook her head profusely. "you guys"

we caught each other up in our general life on the semi long ride before we finally pulled up to the stadium, after thanking the driver, we hopped out and made our way inside.

the guys were already warming up so we were ushered to our seats, we got here earlier than fans so that we could get to our section without freya, talia and gee being mobbed.

as i looked down at the pitch, i saw the seven guys doing interviews on the livestream, i smiled as i saw harry in his kit, he looked so fit.

after a while, the guys finally clocked us in the audience and waved to us before waving us down to come see them, we all walked down the stairs of the seating area before reaching the pitch sidelines.

harry instantly ran over to me and pulled me into a hug which i obviously retuned.

"i've missed you, i feel like i haven't seen you in ages" he smiled as i kissed him lightly on the lips.

"i know!" i exclaimed. "you look fit"

"says you!" he grinned. "you look so good in my top, i'm going to be distracted all game"

"i can always go change?" i laughed and he shook his head. "are you coming to mine tonight? after the after party?"

"do you want to come to mine instead? my house is closer to the party venue" he told me.

"sounds good" i shrugged, kissing him once again but what we didn't notice was the live stream camera pointing right at us.

"oi, boggo" jj called. "i don't want to interrupt but game starts in a half hour"

"shit" harry sighed. "i'll see you straight after the game?"

"of course" i smiled softly. "good luck! i believe in you guys!" i called out to everyone who all gave me mixed replies.

"one more kiss for good luck?" harry asked, squeezing my sides making me jump.

i laughed and pulled him in, leaving a lingering kiss on his lips. "go get 'em tiger"

i made my way back up to my seat as i watched the guys train again, the rest of the girls were deep in conversation about the after party.

"are you coming to the after party, mia?" freya asked and mia shrugged her shoulders.

"i don't want to show up uninvited" she trailed off.

"nonsense! you're one of us now!" talia scoffed. "you're coming"

mia smiled as she thanked talia and we all sat down on our seats, talking about anything and everything before my phone started going mental.

i pulled out my phone to see that it was mainly twitter notifications i was getting, i furrowed my eyebrows before going on the app and seeing 'harry and beth' trending.

as i scrolled more, i saw clips and screenshots of us kissing on the pitch that fans have picked up on the live stream.

"oh my fucking god" i breathed out getting the girls attention.

"whats up?" gee asked and i turned the phone screen to face her. "oh, wow"

"i mean, atleast you look fit as fuck?" freya said as she read some of the posts. "it'll die down soon, fans are just shocked"

"yeah, and at least you don't have to awkwardly announce yourselves to the public" talia shrugged. "i think it's cute"

"it's just a lot" i sighed. i scrolled though reading tweets, some were nice, some weren't so nice.

beth and harry are a couple? i could've sworn she was with will?

wait so beth and will arent together?

harry could do better loool

why is everyone so against beth? i think she's gorgeous!!

i shook my head to get rid of all the thoughts and i slid my phone back into my pocket as it was almost kick off.

mia looked over and saw my stressed emotion and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me into a hug which made me smile.

"it'll be okay beth" she told me. "you'll make it, you always do"