Chapter 16

Walking from the infirmary my mind was turning in quick repeating circles trying to compute the information we had just got given, that excuse of a pack mate was a spy since she was but a young girl. All this time she blended with the pack, well not so much as blended but she was a part of this pack and she had free reign to walk about and was a true part of the town. I remember my mum tried her best to be her friend and mother in one, but she always mean to her and always seemed jealous of what others had. When she turned the others away from me I had been hurt but I had still had Beckett and Quin, so I just let her do what she did best and lie.

Now I feel like I failed to see how dangerous she really was, also what is a Chimera?

"Even I can hear the cogs in that head of yours turning round and round!" Evan said to me as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his side, slinging an arm over my shoulders hugging me from the side as we walked back through the fields. "That Bitch is psycho, you can't blame yourself for her behavior all these years, no one in this pack saw her for who she is either, and they have been around her longer than you ever were!"

" I know, I just keep thinking if I had seen her for how nasty she really was, and warned people maybe the attacks wouldn't have happened or my mum would be alive right now!" I mutter while trying not to let my tears fall. Before I knew what was happening I felt Evan pull us to a stop and turn me to him, hands on my shoulders he bent his head to look me deep in my eyes.

"Now you are gonna forget that train of thought, you were a child when you left. Even if you had said shit they would have put down to childhood grudges and jealousy. You are here now, and you have in a roundabout way stopped the cray cray bitch from doing more than she already has done!" He hammered into me, before he pressed his lips to my forehead in a loving kiss.

"Hmph, I know you're right for once but it's a hard pill to swallow!" I tell him.

"For once? I am always right!" He gloated as we started to walk again. "I Know everything!"

"Ha, you wish!" I laugh at him, remembering how he always seems to be able to lift my moods.

"Don't need to wish, it's true!" He winks at me. "I know everything!"

"If you know everything, what is a Chimera?" I throw at him, Knowing he won't know.

" A Chimera is a mythical creature that has multiple sides to it, some old greek show it as a fire breathing Lion with a goat coming out his back!" Evan tells me as he walks taller all the while smirking. "But most myths on our side of the world say it's a shifter that has multiple sides, it's said that they are the strongest shifters of all. But that's all they have always been, a myth!"

"How the fuck do you know that?" I ask, shocked that he knew this.

"Because I know everything like I told you!" he gloated.

"EVAN!" I shout exasperated. "How?"

"Okay, okay!" He now looked at me sheepishly. " It was in my Final Fantasy game, which made me wanna know if it was a real creature so I asked the Librarian and dad."

Looking at him in silence for a moment, until I burst out laughing.

"Hey stop laughing at me!" Evan moaned at me.

"You Know it from a computer game?" I laughed.

"Well least I knew more than you!" he snapped.

"Yeah but of all places to know it from!" I laugh still, hiccuping from the mirth.

"Computer games are quite informed nowadays!" Evan Said in all seriousness.

Looking at him I settle down and feel the weight I had put on myself after talking to Lillie fall off my shoulders, walking ahead of Evan I turn and smile at him before I start to sprint through the forest we had entered as I laughed. Before long he was chasing me, upping my speed I dodged trees and leaping over obstacles on the floor. I was in the lead and the feeling of being chased by Evan made my heart shudder, my cat purred on the inside and that voice was repeating the simple word of 'chase'. For the first time in our relationship that leapt from friends to Mates I could feel our connection, and my body warmed to the thought that I was not the only one that crushed on her best friend.

As I dodge around a willow tree with its leaves hanging low to brush the ground, I felt his large hand grab my waist and with his speed pulled me to him as we both stumbled to the ground, him making it so I fell on him not the floor below us.

Straddling his hips with my hand on his hard chest, we both panted from the excursion of the chase. Looking down into his eyes, I could see the heat that I knew was in my eyes too, my cat chanting in my head 'Mate' echoed by the strange voice. Falling forward our lips hit hard into a crushing kiss, we explored each other's mouths and felt the burning of the lust burning with each second going by.

His hands rubbing my sides from my hips to the sides of my breasts, making me shudder in need, below me I felt him harden through his jeans and grinded myself onto him as we continued to kiss. His growl vibrated through me and he lifted his hips pushing himself into me, making me wetter than I have ever been before. Making me Purr loudly.

"You purring?" Evan asked as he broke our kissing.

"Yes, now shut up and kiss me!" I demanded as my need for him seemed to ignite hotter than ever.

Kissing me deep and hard, I felt him grip my sides before I found us flipped and he was on top of me.

"As much as it pains me to stop this, we need to stop!" Evan told me sternly, getting an angry growl from me. I do not know which voice in me did that though as we were all angry at him stopping us. He started to laugh before continuing. "You can growl all you want but you know we have to talk to Beckett before we go further, as much as I wish you were solely mine, I have to share. And we have to tell them about all we have found out right?"

I hate it when he is right, especially when I am this horny.

"Urg, you are right again!" I mutter as I push him off me and stand up brushing the dust, leaves and dirt from my clothes. Looking I see a smug look on his face as he brushes the same off his clothes. "You can wipe that smile off your face, we have to tell Beckett all this and I can just see his reaction to all this!"

Watching the smile drop off his face and his body stop still, made me laugh again.

"Let's get this done, then we find that pack!" I growl out as I walk towards Becketts house, trusting that Evan will follow..which He did.