Chapter 7

Becketts pack lost 8 warriors that day and 3 of them had mates, mates that are now lost in grief. We found 5 rogues that were still alive, I had knocked them out so thoroughly that they were still out cold.

"Quinton!" Beckett shouted.

"Yes Alpha" Quinton came running up.

"We're gonna need all the cells for these fuckers!" Beckett growled.

"Bugger!" Quin looks upset at this.

"What's the issue?" I ask bewildered.

"We have a troublesome she-wolf in the cells right now, now we gonna have to let her free roam the pack again!" Quinton answered me.

"Ha, you two can't just chuck her out?" I laugh at the sight of two strong males being scared of one she-wolf.

"If only, she has been part of this pack too long to just kick out and she has not done anything serious enough to make her go rogue!" Beckett tells me.

"Long time, would I know her?" I ask thinking back on all the troublesome females, only one that comes to my mind.

"Lillie!" Beckett growled out, and before I could keep it in I growled at the sound of her name. Making all the males around me look at me.

"Should have known that rotten girl would still be hassling people!" I growl to no one in particular.

"What the-what did that mutt do to you?" Beckett growls, his eyes turning darker and his claws were coming out.

"What didn't that bitch do? She hated me from the get go. Everything Zoe was feeling guilty about was her doing!" I ranted as I felt my anger get the better of me.

"She's dead!" Beckett shouted as he started to stomp away.

"I am with you there!" Evan said as he followed.

"Hey, hey, hey guys what are you thinking? Evan you are my best friend you know I can fight my own battles now. And you Beckett have seen what I can do now.!" I shout as I run in front of them and block them, looking at Quin I try to tell him with my eyes to help me out here but he looks nearly as angry as the two brutes in front of me were. "Beckett why are you this mad?"

"No one, I mean no one at all gets to hurt my mate and get away with it!" He tells me in anger, my heart stops at his words, Evan looks at him sharply and in my side eye I see his face lose all colour, but I am in too much shock at his words to ask what's wrong with him.

"Mates" Evan whispered.

"What the fuck?" I shout out. "Mates? Since when?"

"Since you rolled in town this morning!" Beckett says as he seems to be calming down. "My wolf is shouting it, I feel it. Do you?"

"I-i- no!" I tell him honestly.

"Must be because you are not a wolf, but I promise you we are mates!" he tells me, reaching out he held one of my hands. "Please believe me?"

"I-I-" looking in his eyes I see lots of emotions. And I see he is telling me the truth. "Yes I believe you"

"Well now all that's sorted , shall we get cleared up and these asshats in the cells before they wake up?" Quin barks at us.

"Yes lets!" I say as I smile at Beckett, pulling him along.

When everyone was loaded up in cars or just dragged away, Quin went with some remaining warriors to sort the cells out as Beckket invited me and Evan to the packhouse, which I found out was the family home where he and his family lived. I know he only invited Evan for me, butI was happy they were not fighting anymore.

Evans POV

Mates, they were mates. My best friend and the one I love has found her mate and it was not me. If I was a weaker male I would be falling apart right now butI am strong, so I am only falling apart inside.

I knew the day may come where she would find someone orI would find my mate but some part of me, wished no hope that she would find the mate in me, that she would love me.

Beckett has not let her hand go as we walked back to his pack house and I find my heart hurting.

I need a beer and a willing wet pussy, I need to forget the love of my life.