Chapter 3

Beckets POV

"How many?" I ask as I look down at my paperwork on the desk in front of me.

"Alpha?" my Beta and brother asked me.

"How many Quinton? It's been a month since the attack, how many of our people died?" I growled out.

"14 dead, 16 still in care and well-" Quinton informed me till he lost his words.

"What?" I growl, getting more irritated at my brothers pausing.

"The orphanage, they-the kids are struggling without guidance!" He whispered. Ever since our friend, a human we all got connected to, had died 10 years ago we both did not return to the home. My wolf still mourns her loss now when we think about her bright blue eyes and raven hair. If she was here we think she would have been our mate. My brother was close to her too, we were broken when Liam and Polana had informed us that she had passed. I nearly attacked Liam in anger when they said they had already laid her to rest in the fields that we used to play. I was only 16 years old but I was strong. Since then I have stayed far from the home.

"So- find someone to watch the strays, easy!" I told Quinton quickly.

"Bu-" He started to say.

"Enough!" I snap. "Where are we in repairs to the homes that were raided?"

"All fixed but two, one is the old rec centre and well Lillies house!" Quinton tells me, scrunching his nose up at the name Lillie.

"Why is her house not finished yet?" I ask.

"Well she keeps, let's say delaying the workers on it. She keeps asking to stay here!" Quinton visibly shudders at the thought, I'm there with him. The female is a menace. She is the female that will not take no for an answer, she wants to be either a Beta female or Lupa. but she is neither of our mates, no matter what we have said and done she will not give up. I have got to the point that I will transfer her out of the pack soon if she keeps this up. I was close to having sorted out the transfer before the attack but now I have more pressing issues to deal with.

"I hope you told her no!" I growl.

"Yes, many-many times. But you know that she-wolf she does not get the hint even if you throw it in her face!" Quinton growls, he is losing patience with her too. "I even broached if she would go care for the strays but she lost her temper at that suggestion"

"What? Did she not grow up there?" I am getting more angry at her. "She should help her family out"

"Well you know she always had issues staying there, always thinking she is more than what she is!" Quinton reminds me.

"More than what she is, she is a stray that was found wandering in the pack 12 years ago. Smelling of rogues, she was 12 years old any other pack would have killed her or sent her away!" I say getting up and pacing. "She has been a thorn in the packs side since, chasing us and getting nasty at Bla-"

"She was nasty to her wasn't she!" Quintons voice was low as he saw the fire leave me at the thought of her.

"Yes she was, and now it's time to put her back in place!" I decide I have had enough.

Walking out I grab my black denim Jacket and without waiting to see if my brother is following or walking out into the street, the town looks quiet. Since the rogue attack the pack has stayed closed and licked their wounds and mourned the dead, the only people working are the construction wolves. They are rebuilding and in their own way healing the pack.

As I walk with my brother we get hello's from the members that are walking around, some still now a month later are laying flowers where the fallen died.