Chapter 4

The ride home was long, I never really remembered that the journey away was this far. But then back then I was scared and struggling alone with my new shape and being only 14 struggling being an adult.

We went through towns I remember passing through and some I did not, we both loved the ride. Over the 4 days it took to get there we stayed in the wilds most of the way, shifting at night after we had stored our bikes away in parking lots or just out of sight.

Until the last night when we stayed in the town over from my hometown, we decided to stay the night here so we can go in fully rested and I could prepare myself before I rolled back into a town that thought I was dead.

Staying in a cheap hotel me and Evan shared a room, we have slept in the same bed before and it was cheaper.

"Fuck me!" I swear as I sat on the bed and dragged my boots off.

"Sure if you're offering" Evan said with a wink and a laugh.

"Bugger off, my legs are jelly from that last ride!" I moan as I pull my socks off, the air feels so nice on my feet. "Be a doll dear and get us some food?"

"Thats quick, straight from fuck me to feed me!" Evan laughed, ducking a pillow I threw at him, he laughed. "No need to get violent you mad cat, I will be the gentleman here and go a hunting for you!"

"Well my most amazing best friend, while you are out hunting, if you should come across peanut butter ice cream I would just may kiss you!" I joke to him.

Laughing, he leaves the room tucking the keycard in his back pocket, shaking my head. I fell back on the bed and I started to think back to who I may see when we get to my town tomorrow.

My cat in me purrs at the thought of going back to our home, another voice in my head keeps getting excited about getting back home. It's weird that I feel my cat and this other voice separate sometimes. They both are happy to be going back, it's only me that's got nerves.

Evans POV

Walking out the room laughing at our banter, that girl is my best friend. The first time I met her I about shit myself in fright at the huge cat in front of me, but my wolf was calm as fuck, he was telling me not to be a pup and say hello. Telling my wolf to fuck off, I stayed still as the cat came closer, as it came closer I saw roasettes in the black fur and figured it was a black jaguar. But there weren't any wild cats in this area of the country, remembering I thought it was lost I laughed, she was lost.

As she shifted my world shifted, the most beautiful girl was now crouching in front of me naked. Well the rest is history, we became best friends and family that day.

She is still the most beautiful woman I know, if I could I would make her mine but she sees me only as her friend. I have not told her my darkest secret, a secret I have held since a few days before my 21st birthday. I found my mate, she had beautiful short blonde hair in a pixie cut with big grey eyes and bee stung lips, all in a compact petite form. One look and me and my wolf knew she was meant to be ours.... We stared at each other that day in awe, until she broke out in tears and I remember noticing her hands cupping her abdomen. A very round and pregnant abdomen, looking up I see her crying telling me she was sorry. She had fallen in love and chose a mate young, telling me she had a chosen mate already and that they were in love and having pups.

My heart that day broke and we had one last look and went our separate ways, I later found that she had moved away with her mate. The distance was to be better for us. We do not need our mates to be happy or to mate in the future but our wolves prefer their true mates to chosen ones,my wolf could not forget his mate, I slept around and tried to forget her. My feelings for Blaise grew and I found my wolf was distant as he wanted his true mate, all that changed one dark night in the winter 4 months later. We felt immense pain and shock, and just like that the mate bond snapped and my wolf howled in pain......our true mate was dead. After asking around the pack I found she had died in childbirth.

Since that day my wolf too had become more attached to Blaise, we both saw in her a chance to have a mate again, she would be perfect for me...

After hunting in five different stores I had found her favourite flavour ice cream, no her favourite flavour in anything peanut butter. I remember when she used to eat it from the jar in spoonfuls, then my mum gave her celery. Her face was a picture of confusion until mum took a stick and scooped peanut butter into it and ate it in one big crunching bite. I remember the light in Blaises eyes as she saw the genius of it, I love her eyes.

Walking into the room I see she has fallen asleep laying on the end of the bed fully dressed, just as I left her.

Shaking my head I put the shopping down, walking over I scoop her up into my arms gently and place her fully on the bed, her head falling facing me. Tucking her fringe out of her eyes, I kiss her forehead softly and caress her cheek.

Walking to the bathroom, thinking I will get a shower in while she naps. Looking back at her sleeping on the bed all I can think is that I love her eyes yes, but more importantly.... I love her.....

Back to Blaises POV

Waking up I sigh at the feeling of being rested, but how did I get up the bed? Must have been Evander. Sitting up I look around the room, as I look at the clock on the wall I had only had 30 mins sleep.

Wondering where my bestie had disappeared to, I heard the bathroom door open and saw him coming out of the bathroom, steam from behind him seeping into the room. But all my eyes could see was his muscled chest all wet, the smoothness shining. Only in a towel around his waist, I watched a drop slowly drip down his chest to his navel, from there the thin line of hair from his navel and disappear under the towel. My mouth going dry and my breath catching in lust for my friend.

Shaking my head slightly I looked up to his green eyes, they had darkened into a more emerald green from the light colour they usually are. I hear him let a small growl out, and he looks so fiercely at me I shake.

Feeling the tension I shot up and grabbed my bag, running past him as quick as I could into the bathroom. Locking the door I lean on it and hope he had not scented my arousal for him. Who am I kidding he would have.

I spent as long as I could in that bathroom, having a very cold shower.

Changing in my nighty for the night, I was now wishing I had brought with me my PJ's not this light pink strappy nightgown that fell to my knees but left my tits in view. Fuck.

When I found that I could not stay in here any longer than I already had, I walked out slowly to see Evan in the bed topless. With a tub of ice cream in his hands as he watched the tv.

"Yours is in the mini fridge over there!" he pointed with his spoon. Thankful he was not gonna mention earlier I went over and bent over to get my ice cream out. Hearing a low growl behind me I shot up with it in my hands, turning I see he is concentrating on the Tv. must be hearing things.

"What you watching?" I ask as I get in the bed next to him.

"Nothing really, some game show that was on as I turned it on!" He said with a gruffly voice.

"Cool" I said as I slowly ate the ice cream.

We watched tv long after we had eaten our dinner of ice cream, bad for you yes but yummy. We both yawned at the same time and laughed at each other.

"Tired?" Evan asked.

"Knackered!" I replied with another yawn. As I slipped down and laid on my side, hands pulled up to hug the pillow under my head.

"Bedtime it is then!" Evan yawned out, turning the light off from his side.

Getting comfy I feel Evan shuffle over and press his body to mine, his warm chest flush to mine and his boxer covered groin cupping my butt. He had never hugged me like this before, but it felt right.

"Good night Blaise!" Evan whispered in my ear.

"Goodnight Evan!" I whisper back, I feel his lips on my cheek. Then silence... that was new.