Chapter 9

With everyone looking at me in an intense atmosphere, I feel my nerves finally kick in, this is a hard conversation to have but it's even harder with all the eyes on me right now.

"Uhm, I really do not know what to say." I stall as I try to level my nerves and feel my heart pounding in fear of how the people I once loved staring at me in confusion and wonder. I feel someone reach out and rub my back between my shoulder blades, instantly relaxing me and helping me shift the nerves. I do not need to hear the growl from Beckett to know that the hand rubbing my back is Evans, he knows this is how to relax me.

"Just start from the beginning and go from there, kitty" Even says clearly to me over Becketts growling.

"Beckett you stop that growling right this instant, before I swat your bottom!" Hallie reprimands her son. "He is her friend, and he knows the stress she is in, for Lunas sake we all can feel the stress rolling off her. So shut your wolf up and let them be!"

"But she-uh-mine!" Beckett growled out in a stutter.

" yes we all know she is your mate, and she knows this as does the fine young man there. They are friends and by the looks of it they have been for a while now!" Samuel, chips in.

"Thank you, Hallie and you too Samuel. Yes we are only friends. Well that day I guess you were told I died, things changed for me. That night I went through a change and shifted, mum and dad believed I was a shifter, they worried about how the pack would take the news of me being a shifter so they decided it would be best for me to run, and for everyone here to think I died a human death!" I rushed out as fast as I could, taking a deep breath I continued. "While I traveled I met Evander here, he kept me safe and got me clothes and food. He became my best friend, and his family took care of me after they found out about me, no one knew but Evan about me being a shifter until recently. He is my best friend and he will always be my best friend."

"What made you come back?" Quinton asked from beside Beckett, who was looking at me in such a way that I think he was trying to figure a way to get closer to me without seeming possessive.

"Me and mum called and talked to each other routinely, but it stopped a few weeks back and I got worried. So me and Evan went to his Alpha and found out about the attacks. I had to come back!" I told them all. "I refuse to stay away again, but if you want me to go I will. But I will come to see my dad!"

"You belong here, Mine!" Becketts growled out losing his fight at staying still and giving me space, stalking over he pulled me into his arms, in the process he knocked Evan back. "You belong here, you are my Lupa and this pack needs you as do I"

Looking up I see a light in his eyes watching me and I can feel his wolf in his words as well as the human. Looking around I see everyone here smiling at me and Beckett embracing, but looking I see a sadness in Evans eyes.

I feel Becketts hug me closer and his nose is snuffling me neck just below my ear, making me shudder. Hearing him give a soft laugh at my reaction.

"We're going for a walk, Quinton take our guest" Becketts lets a soft growl at the guest word as he instructed Quin. "and get him settled in the guest rooms in the pack house."

"Who said I wanted a walk?" I ask.

"Mm you do not want to go for a walk for old time sake with me?" Beckett asks jokingly, but I can see the unease in his eyes.

"Well now I did not say that now did I?" I say to him tartly. "It would be nice to be asked though."

"Well I can see how our relationship is going to work" Becketts laughs. "Okay, will you accompany me on a stroll through town Blaise?"

"Now that you have asked politely, let me think.." I joke at him, hearing a soft humph from him I laugh. "Of course I will go for a walk with you."

Grabbing my hand into his, he all but drags me around the house and away. I feel a tug in my heart at leaving Evan behind and looking back I can see he has followed and is watching me walk away, making the cat in me whimper at leaving him behind. But looking forward I feel a pull to Beckett and somewhere in me I feel that this is right, as we walk side by side through town we get a few new looks and some that recognize the little girl I used to be in me give confused and confused looks.

This feels right for some reason but deep down I know it's because we were mates and that is how it was always meant to be, looking I see he is taking us to our fields near my childhood home. As soon as we got to the field we sat and Beckett pulled my back to his chest and he seemed to be surrounding my body with his body, rubbing his chin against me and snuffling my neck again I can feel him mellow into me. He seems to be rubbing his scent on me , much like our animal counterparts would do.

"I Missed you so much, when you died we mourned your loss. All of us did. But I felt lost without you my Blaise of fire" he tells me using his nickname he liked to say now n then. "Now you are back and you are my mate, my other half. Do you accept me?"

Looking at him in my side eye, I can see he means the words and that he really did miss me. Half of me wants to run to him and stay in his arms but the other half is staying back confused on how to feel.

"I want to say yes a part of me really wants to say yes, but something tells me we need to go slow, will you go slow for me?" I ask as I turn onto my knees and kneel in front of him, looking deep into his eyes.

"Are you rejecting our connection?" Beckett whispered in fear.

"No, no I am only asking to take the mating slow?" I ask him again softly.

Watching his eyes look between my eyes and back and forth as if he is trying to see if I was telling the truth on how I felt, I see the tension lessen. Before I could see anymore I felt his lips on mine, in a bruising kiss.

The kiss was not soft and asking, it was hard and demanding. There was no soft caress of his tongue on my lips asking for entrance. It was a demand and an invasion of his tongue as he demanded my kiss, I rushed forward and fought back and kissed with all the passion one half of me wanted. Our tongues battling it out and both of us grabbing each other's bodies pulling each other flush to the other, my hard nipples aching as they get crushed on his chest and the feeling of a rumble in his chest shocked me to my core.

Beckett backed up as quick as he could and left my embrace, leaving my breath heaving from our encounter. But looking at him he is in the same state, his eyes have gone dark with lust and I know my eyes were bright with it too. A big part of me secretly wished he had not stopped.

"So uh hum, slow it is!" Beckett coughed out making me laugh.

"Yes we will take it slow!" I laugh.....