Chapter 21

Waking up to a soft light coming from the window, I feel warm and safe and dare I say loved? Looking at my mates I feel both voices in me saying 'mate' together with a sense of calm.

"You can stay still all you want love, but I know you are awake" Evan whispers in my ear as I feel his hand that was on my tummy move in a soothing rubbing motion.

"We both feel you awake!" Beck whispers in my other ear as he squeezes my left breast he had been holding as we slept, causing a shot of lust to move through my body.

But as we were moving together I hear a cry from downstairs that was definitely not a child's cry, we all shoot out of bed and the guys throw on their jeans as I grabbed a shirt off the floor and throw it on as we all run out the room, Lois is in the hall looking around and panicked.

"Where's Barbie? Who screamed?" all came out garbled out of Lois as she panicked.

"We don't know sweetie, we were going to find out!" Evan answered as he got down to her level to calm her.

"Then let's go look!" Lois says in her usual bossy tone, as she heads to the stairs in a determined march, Evan sweeps her up into his arms and onto his hips, a move and sight that makes my ovaries clench in want for a child of our own!.

As we all warily walked down and looks around I see the house is quiet but for some hiccups and whimpers from the kitchen, walking into the kitchen I see Hallie holding Barbie close as she is crying at the kitchen table with Sam hugging her from behind trying to soothe her, but he can't seem to stop the low growling from inside, and Quin is standing in the corner quiet as he sees us come in, something bad has happened. LIAM

"What the fu'dge has happened?" Becket asks as he covered his bad language in front of the children.

"Oh Blaise, I am so sorry!" Hallie cries harder and rocks Barbie as she starts to fuss.

"Oh honey, maybe you should sit down!" Sam says softly as he leaves his mate to pull a chair out, which I ignore.

"No, you all tell me whats going on right now!" I growl deeply. Shocking not only me but everyone around me.

"I want my Barbie!" Lois cries as she wiggles out of Evans hold, running over she climbs up Hallie till they are all huddled together,Lois hiccuping with unshed tears.

"Uh, ok!" Sam looks resigned and like he has aged 10 years over night. "Lillie was broken out of the hospital last night or this morning, but before they left, they killed some people there!"

"Who, who broke her out?" I whisper out. "And who died?"

"Rogues or them from that pack we think!" Quin answered for his dad.

"Who died?" I ask louder and more forceful.

"Zoe and Liam!" Hallie whispered out but loud enough for me to hear, then cried harder, Lois and Barbie joining in, from feeling the sorrow in the room.

I start to pace at the hurt running through my body, if i had just killed her when i saw her yesterday or in the garden, they may not be dead now but the rational part of me reminds me that we are not killers unless needed to be, we are one the voice in my head whispers back in sadness like they can feel the pain too.

"Kitty?" I feel Evan pull me into a hug that I melt in as I feel Beckett hug me from the otherside, both cocooning me into their arms.

"We'll be here for you baby!" Beckett soothes me. "He is with Polena now, they are together!"

I let a tear slide down my face as I feel my heart crack, but with my mates I know it will fix deep inside of me.

"Did they get away?" Evan asked in an angry tone I have never heard from him before.

"Yes, they were gone by the time someone had found, found the hospital in the state they left it as!" Quin answered harshly.

"Then we go hunting!" Sam rumbles out. The males in the room growl their agreement.

I am about to agree when we hear a massive growl from the street outside, letting go of each other we stand tall, Sam moves the children and Hallie upstairs and tell em to hide, hearing Lois whisper that under the beds are a safe place makes a small smile play on my lips before I hear another growl from outside, as a whole Sam, Evan, Beckett, Quin and I stand on the porch as we see Lillie standing in the road surrounded by five large grey matted wolves.

"Oh look boys the weak whores returned!" I goad, and get a harsh set of laughs from the men around me in return. And enjoy the sight of Lilies face going red in anger.

"Oh shut up, freak!" Lillie snaps.

"Freak, is that the best you can come up with?" I ask, laughing at her weakness.

"You're laughing now, wait till you see what I did to that weak old man you called Dad!" Lillie laughed at her own words.

The growling around me got loud and forced the wolves in front of us to hackle.

"Oh I forget, you are gonna die today so guess that pleasure of seeing all that blood is mine only!" Lillie says trying to look tough, but I can see the waiver in her stance. "Now be good little boys and get me the brat I left behind and the welp!"

Knowing she is talking about Lois and Barbie I feel my own hackles rise inside, both voices vying to come out and rip Lillie to pieces, till I hear a sharp tone say 'my turn at last'.

As i feel my body vibrate with a need to shift the wolves in front of us rush forward and I see the men around me shift, ready to meet them head on, all my focus was on the woman in the back that made my life hell and hurt so many others just for her own sick pleasures.

As I move forward I feel different to when my panther comes out,,, something is different.............