Chapter 12

The house was in such disrepair it was sad to see, but looking around I can still see the bones of the happy joyful house I grew up in. The wallpaper was peeling all over and the carpets were worn and dirty, like they had not been cleaned in a long while.

Walking through I reminisce about the past and the love I had in this house and the fond memories of my parents, which in turn made me cry at the memory that my mum was gone and she never got to see me grow.

"Hey babe, you okay-we can come back another day if you like?!" Beckett asked as he hugged me, lifting a hand he brushed a lone tear off my check I had not noticed I had cried.

"No, I have to be strong. The kids that live here now need me!" I straightened my back and walked through, but finding it weird I had not seen or heard of any children in the house. "How many kids are here now?"

"Uh- think last i heard was 4 kids but I do not know to be honest for sure!" Beckett murmured.

"So where are they?!" I wondered out loud, but only seconds after that I hear a cry from above, a baby cry to be exact.

Looking at Beckett I see the worry in his eyes as I must have in mine as we both run to the stairs, running up the stairs as fast as we can we follow the baby cry to the back room. I remember it as the nursery.

Rushing through the door pushing the door open with a loud bang on the wall behind. A little girl I would guess was about 7 years old jumped and screamed as she pulled the baby in her arms closer.

"No-no you can't have Barbie or me, go take the others!" The little girl shouted through tears.

"Oh honey, we are not here to take you or Barbie anywhere. My name is Blaise, may I know yours sweetie?" I ask as I lower to her level, keeping my distance so as to not spook the poor babe.

"Lois." she whispered after looking at me for a while, like she was waiting for the other shoe to drop and that I would pounce forward and steal her away. "Who are you ?"

"I used to live here a long time ago, and this is Beckett. We are here to help!" I said calmly as I slowly moved closer. "What happened to the other children?"

"They were taken away by the bad lady, before the snarls and howls!" Lois said as she looked around, with worry in her young eyes.

"Bad lady?" Beckett wondered out loud.

"Yeah, the flower lady. She said she used to live here too. But her eyes are mean, yours are kind!" Lois said matter of factly.

"Lillie!" Beckett growled.

"YES, that was her name. She came and took the others, but she scared me so I took Barbie and we hid under the beds. Barbie was an angel!" Lois beamed looking at the baby in her arms.

"An angel?" I asked.

"She was quiet the whole time, my baby!" Lois said as she smiled down to the baby in her arms.

Looking down I see the baby was haphazardly wrapped in a pink blanket, with curly white blonde hair and big blue eyes the baby did remind me of Barbie in a way.

"Lois, is Barbie your sister?" I ask softly.

"Sister? What's a sister?" Lois asked with confusion.

"Uh- a sister is someone that came from the same mommy as you did?" I explained.

"I have no mommy, Barbie came little after I came here with pops!" Lois said as the baby started to fuss again and cry. "She keeps crying, I hug her and rock her but she keeps crying. What am I doing wrong!"

"Oh sweetie, you are doing amazing not wrong. When did you and Barbie eat last?" I asked.

" I had cereal today, but barbie did not want it!" Lois said, all the while rocking Barbie.

"Lois, could I hold Barbie for a while?" I ask softly. Lois looked at me softly and deeply, nodding her head she leaned out with Barbie, taking hold of the baby. I could feel the baby was wet from a full nappy and by the smell not just from wee. She was also quite light and underweight.

"Beckett, how long ago was the battle?" i asked, as I felt myself getting angry that no one had thought to come see the children before now.

"Uh-few weeks!" Beckett said with his head bowed, like he knew he had done wrong.

My cat growled at the thought of these cubs being left alone that long, and I heard a deep growl from deep in me at the same thought.

"Lois, would you and Barbie like to come with me to meet a lovely woman and get some lunch?" I asked as I slowly stood with Barbie in my arms.

"Cereal?" Lois asked.

"I was thinking more of some soup, and maybe some nice bread!" I told her.

"Yes please Blaise!" Lois said as she jumped up and threw herself at me, making me catch her on the fly. With Barbie in one arm and Lois on my other hip I walked out the house, trusting Beckett would follow us.

"Blaise?" Lois said my name as we walked through the town towards Becketts parents' house.

"Yes sweetie!" I asked as we passed some pack that looked at us walking along, they all had smiles on their faces.

"Are you my new Mommy?" Lois asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.

Looking at her I can see a lot of me in her and somewhere in me I heard a voice say yes for me as did my cat.

"Would you like that? We only just met!" I asked her.

"Mm-yep, me and Barbie want you to be our Mommy. You are nice" Lois said while looking at me.

"Then yes I will be your mommy!" I told her simply, I will figure it all out as I go, but I can not leave the two babes go now.

"Yay!" Lois cheered as she bounced on my hip, lucky she is a slight child and fitting on my hip securely.

As we walked towards the house I can see Evan walking up the path from the other direction, his shirt tucked out and his hair mussed I can see he has had sex recently, which still makes me hurt which in turn confuses me as I have Beckett now. But again somewhere in my I hear a distant voice say Mine.

Evan POV

That fuck was just that a quick fuck, I know deep down I feel like I have betrayed Blaise, but I have not. She has her mate and she can never be mine. With that thought I look up to see her, walking down the street opposite from me. With a baby in one arm and a child in the other my heart leaps at the sight, but what's more confusing is my wolf growling out "Mate with Pups!" ......