Chapter 23 ~ Shattered Glass

Brielle's p.o.v
I looked around the white hospital room. It was bare and boring, and not to mention, absolutely freezing.

I looked to my right to see a small table filled with gifts from the boys. There were multiple bouquets of flowers and balloons. There were a couple huge stuffed animals holding signs that said 'Get Well Soon!' and 'I Love You Beary Much.' Finally, my eyes landed on a picture of Shawn and me smiling at each other in a small frame that said 'Forever' on the top. I smiled. Oh, what these boys do to me.

I miss everybody tons. Especially Taylor. I wonder how he's holding up. Shawn, too. I miss him loads, especially the sound of his voice and the feeling of his lips pressed against mine. When he kisses me, it feels like...like no other feeling in the world. I wouldn't say sparks because that means that our lips are probably on fire, or something, and that's not good. It's more of a feeling where I can't contain my excitement, and there's a tingly and joyful feeling deep inside me. The feeling of love, I guess.

And then there's Matthew. We're going to have a little talk when I see him again.

Taylor's p.o.v
I quickly thanked the nurse before rushing into Brielle's room. She was lying in the hospital bed, propped up on a couple of pillows. She looked up from her lap and smiled softly when she saw me.

"Hey," she said quietly.

Tears were stinging in my eyes. I almost lost my baby sis, but she's okay.

"Hey," I smiled.

I walked over to her and gave her a tight hug. She hugged me back.

I called Shawn and told him to tell the rest of the boys that she was awake. I smiled at Brielle and grabbed the flowers I had been planning to give her that were sitting forgotten in the corner of the room.

"Taylor?" She asked suddenly.

"Yeah?"

"I, um," she paused for a minute. "I, um, I saw mom. When I was in the coma, I mean."

I dropped the flowers, and the glass vase shattered all over the floor.

Shawn's p.o.v

*Ring* *Ring*

Ugh, Taylor, I really don't want to talk when the girl I love is pretty much dead. Like, seriously? Not in the mood.

I answered anyways, hoping that some good news would come out of it.

"Hello?" I asked. My voice was scratchy and low from all of my crying and sobs.

"Hey, I have some news." There was a hint of happiness in Taylor's voice.

"Go on," I urged.

"She's awake! Go tell the others and hurry over quick!" With that he hung up.

I pounded on Matt's door even harder.

"Yo! Espinosa, you open this freaking door right now, or I swear I'll-"

I was cut off by the door swinging open to reveal a depressed Matthew. His hair was sticking up all over the place, and his clothes were wrinkled. His eyes had dark bags underneath them. His usual bright eyes were red and puffy, and his smile was completely gone.

"What do you want?" His voice was worse than mine. "To yell at me? Tell me I'm the reason she's gone? Go ahead, not that it'll do anything, I already feel bad enough. Look, man, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I-I was there because I wanted to see how your date went. I don't know why, but when you kissed Brielle, I felt the need to kiss her too. I kept telling myself that I loved her, but I think it was all talk, and not a real feeling. God, I'm an idiot. But go ahead, punch me, kick me, call me names, heck, you can even kill me. I killed her, so you can kill me, I don't mine. An eye for an eye right?"

I didn't respond, I was too shocked. I just stared at him. How could he say something like that? He may be an idiot, but he's one on my best friends! He's like a brother to me.

Matt scoffed and smiled a sad smile,"Or maybe, maybe I could kill myself. Make it a little easier for you."

A/N: What's your thoughts on the story? Feedback is strongly appreciated because I'd love to make the book even better for you guys! Love you!