Chapter 27 - Breaking But Not Broken

Brielle's p.o.v

I sighed and looked down at my hands. What's wrong with me? Only a couple months ago I was the happiest girl on the planet. Why am I so sad? Maybe I'm just going crazy. Maybe I already was crazy.

Heck, I'm a Caniff, of course I was already crazy. Why am I even depressed? Why do I have cancer? I don't want my life to end. Not like that.

I think you should have a choice in life. Whether you want to live or die. You shouldn't let others tell you what you should or shouldn't do. You need to have a voice, you should be heard. Speak up for yourself, you know? I wish I could do that. I wish people would actually listen to me.

Shawn would listen. I know he would. Maybe if I could just call him.

I reached over to the small table beside my bed and grabbed my phone. I quickly dialed Shawn's number.

And yes, I have it memorized.

He answered on the fourth ring.
{why not the first like bish pls}

"B-Brielle?" He asked. His voice was dripping with sadness.

"Hey, Shawn. It's me. Are, uh, are you okay?" I asked.

He let out a shaky breath and said,"I should be the one asking you if you're okay." He paused and let out a chuckle, but I could tell it was fake. "Um, but since you're asking...no, not really. Uh, it's been really sad and dreary since you've been in the hospital, actually. I've missed you a lot. Everyone has. Matt...um...Matt didn't take it so well that you were in the hospital. He locked himself in his room. He wouldn't sleep or eat, he wouldn't do anything! So I guess I have to tell you the news then."

"What? What's wrong? Shawn?!"

"Brielle...Matt passed out," he said.

"Oh, that's not that big of a deal, is it? He's not like, super sick, right?"

"Brielle, he wasn't moving. The paramedics came. They took him away, but they told me he's been starving himself and he's sleep deprived. They also said he's lost a lot of blood. What that means is he's been self-harming, Bri. Brielle, they said there's a 75% chance that Matt's gone."

And with that, I broke down.

Shawn's p.o.v

They wheeled Matt's lifeless body away.

Okay, not exactly lifeless, but it seemed that way.

This sucks. We came out here for MagCon, not for my best friend and the girl I like to die. My life is pretty shucking messed up.
{if u know that reference we should be friendz with a z because thug life}

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

My phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I glanced at the screen. Brielle.

I answered,"B-Brielle?"

And...I kinda told her everything. And now she's crying. Like, really badly.

I hope Matt's okay.

Matt's p.o.v

Lol, yup, I'm a goner. Peace out, biotchesssss ✌🏻️