Chapter 45 ~ Leaving

Brielle's p.o.v

Shawn and I shared a knowing glance. We had to tell Taylor and the boys. As I looked at Shawn, I couldn't help but let a tear slip out of my eye. Shawn noticed immediately and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest and resting his head on top of mine.

{ idk what this is but its like goals af}

"Hey, don't cry," Shawn whispered. "It's going to be okay."

{lmao crying into ur boyfriends chest wen there is a ded body on ur balcony thats like ded}{how romantic}

I pulled away from Shawn.

"That's what everybody's been telling me! Everyone is trying to reassure me that everything is going to be okay, but that's not what they're thinking! Everyone knows that this is my fault. If I had just left, then no one else would be at risk. My life is not worth all or your lives. I am sick and tired of running and hiding from Madison. I'd be so much easier if I just ended this," I sobbed, tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

{lmao wut did u have that written down bc dang that was good}

Shawn looked at me for a moment, sadness evident in his eyes. He sighed before scooping me up into his arms and beginning to carry me out of the room.

"Hey! Let me go!" I yelled, punching his chest.

{bruh his chest is rock hard u cant do anything}{lmao try me bish}

"Never."

And before I knew it, I was sitting in a chair in Taylor's hotel room with everyone looking at me.

Taylor's p.o.v

At the same time, both Shawn and I said,"We have something to tell you."

"I'll go first," I said. "Uh, Jack G has some news from Madison. So, apparently, Madison thought she should recruit Gilinsky, and the only way to do that was to threaten Johnson, and Jack refused to join her. So, that's all we got. What about you?"

Shawn sighed, "Uh, there's a, um....dead body on out hotel room balcony? And there was a note on the body, and someone else is going to get hurt. This time, she didn't write down the letters of anybody's name, though, so we don't know who she's going to hurt. Also, Brielle just had a complete breakdown. She wants to give in."

An eerie silence settled into the room as everyone looked back and forth at each other.

Mahogany's face was pale, but she reached out and said, "May I see the note, please?"

Shawn handed her a bright yellow note, and Mahogany began quickly scanning it up and down, trying to decipher the coded message.

I walked over to Brielle and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. I didn't say anything, I just let the moment happen. Brielle leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Taylor," was the first thing that left her lips. "I know that you don't want me to go, but how else can I save everyone else?"

"Oh, Brielle," I sighed, "you already have."

"What?"

"You really haven't noticed? Brielle, look at me. I used to be a lost teenager with no cause whatsoever. I wore black and smoked cigarettes for attention. I didn't even enjoy being that way, but I did it because I felt like it was my only escape. I wasn't happy, but then you came along. And yes, when we were first reunited, that was weird, but now we're closer than ever. And I'm happy again, and I'll be willing to do anything for you. Look at Shawn. I don't know if it's obvious to you, but trust me, every time he looks at you, his eyes light up like a little kid on Christmas. Before, when Shawn sang, his words were empty. Now that you're here, when Shawn sings his words are powerful, and his songs have so much emotion. Look at all of us! Yes, we lost a friend, but he wasn't a true friend. But we did gain a friend, and you're a true friend. We all can tell because you're willing to give up your life for our sake."

{wtf do all caniff's have like a secret speech skill}

Mahogany suddenly let out a gasp.

"Mendes. She's after you, Shawn."

Matt's p.o.v

They don't think I'm a true friend?

I backed away from the balcony window, holding my breath, sneaking around as if I was a spy.

But then, that's what I am, I guess.

I'm also Madison's little puppet. But not anymore.

I'm not going to do this anymore. I'm leaving.

{i'm leaving, i'm gone, i can't stay here no more}

A/N: hello friends, i am back. sorry i haven't updated, i just have other things that are taking up my time like school, volleyball, small group, service hours, etc. it's just been really, really hectic recently. but here's an update, and i hope you enjoyed. ooh, i also incorporated some little remarks of my own into the chapter so i hope you liked those too.