Chapter 35 ~ I Love You

Matt's p.o.v

Everyone glanced at each other nervously. Some were mumbling things under their breath, nervous and terrified looks on their faces.

I reread the note over and over again. What could this possibly mean? Who is watching me? Us?

Suddenly the door opened, and Taylor and Brielle walked in. They looked annoyed and tired.

Brielle's eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Matt!" She grinned, hurrying over toward me. She hugged me tightly before turning to the rest of the gang.

Her eyes lit up again when she saw Shawn. But the way she looked at him was different. Her cheeks turned a light pink, and a smile was plastered on her face as she wrapped her arms around him and he kissed her forehead. She loved Shawn.

Shawn smiled down at her. He loved Brielle.

Brielle turned back to me, and her eyes darkened. I realized she was looking at the small, yellow note clutched in my hand.

"Matt, what's that?" She asked pointing to the note.

"I don't know, Bri. Like, I was just talking to the guys when this note fluttered down from the ceiling. Why? Does it mean something to you?"

She nodded, taking the note from me and showing it to Taylor. Taylor's face darkened, and he shook his head in disgust.

"Guys," Gilinsky began. "Who's giving us these notes? You guys obviously know who it is."

Brielle froze and spun on her heel. She stared right at Gilinsky.

"You should know!" She said, anger lacing her words. "You're the one dating her!"

Jack froze.

Brielle looked at the rest of us before storming out of the room, Shawn following after her.

"Madison...," Jack mumbled to himself, confusion on his face.

Brielle's p.o.v

I rushed out of Matt's hospital room. The tension and silence was suffocating me. I quickly walked to my hospital room.

I could hear footsteps echoing behind me.

"Brielle! Wait! Hold up, I'm coming." It was Shawn.

I turned around right before a reached the door and rushed into his open arms. He hugged me tightly against his chest. Tears were falling down me face at a rapid pace.

I could feel the beat of his heart. It was beating like crazy.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" I asked him, looking into his eyes.

He whispered,"It's because of you. You make me so nervous, Brielle."

"I do? How come?" I wondered aloud.

"Because...because...I love you," he said to me.

A smile spread across my face. "I love you too, Shawn."

He kissed me. And this time there were no interruptions. I kissed him back.

I loved him, and he loved me.

Gilinsky's p.o.v

Madison? Madison was harassing my friends? How could she?

And to think, I thought she was different. I thought she was genuine and kind. She seemed so flawless, so perfect.

But I guess I was the naïve one. There's no such thing as perfection in this world.

But Madison came close to it. Or so I thought.

Everyone was looking at me at this point.

"What? You think I knew about this? No! You think I'm proud of Madison for this? No! I'm just as shocked as the rest of you, if not more, so can you stop looking at me?!" I said angrily.

Jack J's eyes widened. I never yelled at anybody, especially not my friends, and he knew that.

"Jack, calm down," Johnson said, patting my back.

"I can't. I can't, J! My freaking girlfriend is hurting my friends! What am I supposed to do? You wouldn't know because no one likes you enough to date you! There's a reason Mallory dumped you, you know?" I snapped.

Jack's eyes widened. He backed away slightly before glaring at me.

"I can't believe you right now," he said harshly before walking out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Madison's p.o.v

Everyone is falling apart.

Everything is perfect.