Chapter 44 ~ Friendship

QUICK A/N RN I HAVE DONE A Q AND A IN THE PAST (BUT IT DIDNT REALLY WORK OUT SO IM GONNA TRY AGAIN DONT JUDGE ME PLS AND THX) SO ASK ME YOUR QUESTIONS. (IM DESPERATE SO PLS DO ASK AWAY)

And now here is Chapter 44!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Brielle's p.o.v

Shawn slid open the glass door cautiously before peering outside.

He froze and a gasp left his lips.

I slowly made my way over to him and glanced at what he was looking at.

I almost fainted at the sight.

Sitting in a chair on the balcony was a man.

But he wasn't breathing.  He wasn't living.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered, covering my mouth with my hand.

Shawn looked pale.  He looked like he was going to be sick, but he advanced toward the body and snatched a small note off of the mans shirt.

We both scanned over the note quickly.

Someone is going to end up like him
Their end is coming, I promise
Don't you dare try to run
Because if you do you're dead
I'll do whatever it takes to get rid of you, Brielle
Whatever it takes

- M.B.

"She probably used the first letter of each word again," Shawn said quietly.

"S-T-D-B-I-W?"  I asked.  "Not exactly anybody's name."

"Well then, how are we supposed to know who she's going to hurt?"  Shawn asked.

"I think that's the point.  She's not going to tell us, so we don't know who's life we're risking.  So we don't know who we need to protect."

Taylor's p.o.v

"Jack," I said, anger bubbling up inside of me.

He knew something, and he kept it from us?

"Jack," I repeated. "What do you know?"

Everyone stared at him, and Johnson looked a little bit worried about his friend.

"I-I," he stuttered before nervously biting his lower lip.

"I, uh, I...," he paused before quickly blurting out,"Madison wants to recruit me, and if I don't say yes she'll hurt Johnson!"

His eyes grew wide and he clamped a hand over his mouth after he realized what he had just said.

"W-What?" Johnson asked. "She threatened you...with me?"

Jack nodded slowly,"Yeah, but I wasn't sure if I should join her."

"Why not?" Johnson asked, confused as to why his best friend was contemplating his well being.

"Why not? What do you mean why not? Do you know realize that Gilinsky was considering joining the girl who's going to hurt my little sis-" I was cut off by everyone shushing me.

Jack continued,"Well, I wasn't sure which was going to hurt more...you getting physically hurt, or you getting hurt because I would've betrayed you and ruined our friendship."

Johnson laughed.

We all looked at him confused. Why was he laughing? This was a serious matter.

"Jack! Don't be silly," he laughed. "I don't care how much physical pain I have to go through, I care more about our friendship! I don't care if you don't join her, in fact, I prefer that you don't. Our friendship is so much more important to me than how many bruises I have covering my skin. Our friendship is worth it."

{OHMIGOSH THE JOLINSKY FEELS ARE REAL SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-F*CKING-1 BC MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT STABLE}

Madison's p.o.v

So Jack's not going to join me?

We could either do this the easy way or the hard way.

The hard way it is.

But I don't mind because I'm always up for a challenge.

Challenge accepted, Jack Gilinsky, challenge accepted.